Hey guys,

I'm getting an Orange TH30 head and a Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier (yeah, I'm stupid like that), which have effects loops.

I know the Line 6 POD products, so I was thinking of getting a X3 Live (takes effects loops) or a M9 (to put in the amp's effects loop only) since it's compact. M13 is overkill but it does have an effects loop.

My primary goal is to have a multi effects unit to produce delay, reverbs and modulations. Having an expression pedal, and the ability to connect to an effects loop and have some effects in front of the pre-amp, would be a bonus. I'd only be using the expression pedal for wah.

I'm leaning towards a used Pod X3 Live due to the expression pedal and effects loop, but I got to thinking that there might be other multi FX units out there that I should consider. There are a ton of Boss units out on Ebay, but I know nothing about them. Even less about other brands.

I could consider a cheap-ish multi FX unit for the effects loop an just get a wah pedal.

I'm just a home studio player (I also have an Eleven Rack, so recording with the new unit is not a priority). I'm not getting rid of the Eleven Rack.

So what say you ... any older fx Units out there that I should check out? I'd like to keep it under $300 if possible.
The digitech rp1000 has an effects loop for your own pedals and an amp loop, which is the only unit in it's class which can do that. It sounds great as well. You could probably find it used for under $300.

Here's a great demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeSlnvYPYnU
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Oct 16, 2011,
Pod HD300/500
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I use a Boss ME-70 through a Blackheart Little Giant, and I love the sounds it gets me.
There are many videos of it on YouTUbe, with each feature explained, which really sold me on it. Haven't had regrets yet!
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
Thanks! I like that one a lot. Quick bypass of amps and cabs. Nice and compact too.

Quote by kutless999
The digitech rp1000 has an effects loop for your own pedals and an amp loop, which is the only unit in it's class which can do that. It sounds great as well. You could probably find it used for under $300.

Here's a great demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeSlnvYPYnU
I'd go M9, personally.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals