Hi, i recently bought a fairly beginner guitar.. the Starcaster Fender strat pack, and I guess the sound that came out of the guitar, wasn't quite what i was expecting. I'm a total beginner at electric guitars, and i was wondering if you guys have anything i can do to improve the sound? Like actual electric guitar sounds from ACDC, or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xjJXT0C0X4 ---> I just looked up electric guitar on youtube lol. Thanks a lot!
get a distortion pedal, I think that's what you're after

EDIT: and an amp if you don't have one already

EDIT2: looks at join date ... I hope you're a troll
Last edited by ComradSputnik at Oct 16, 2011,
Quote by ComradSputnik
get a distortion pedal, I think that's what you're after

EDIT: and an amp if you don't have one already

EDIT2: looks at join date ... I hope you're a troll

He may ACTUALLY be a beginner. That's something too.
Play with your amps equalizer settings until you get to a sound you like.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Sounds like you need a new amp (stock beginners amps are usually garbage.) If you want to do all the fancy stuff you should probably get a modelling amp which lets you dial in other guitarists sounds. Pay your dues on the equipment you've got first. Only then will you appreciate better gear. (If you can sound half decent on cheap gear think what you'll sound like with a bit of cash behind your rig)
Quote by Adam Birtwistle
Sounds like you need a new amp (stock beginners amps are usually garbage.) If you want to do all the fancy stuff you should probably get a modelling amp which lets you dial in other guitarists sounds. Pay your dues on the equipment you've got first. Only then will you appreciate better gear. (If you can sound half decent on cheap gear think what you'll sound like with a bit of cash behind your rig)

All I've got to say are these words of wisom courtesy of Mr. Birtwistle.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
Yea, i actually am a beginner lol. I play a lot of acoustic, but i wanted to try an electric out. So is it all the amp? The amp that came with the guitar has a button thats says Clear, and O.D. When it's in O.D. is sounds more like what i want it to. Thanks a lot! And anything i can do to improve tremolo, or vibrato? Do i need to like.. take the back cover off and adjust it?
Quote by DigitalFear
Hi, i recently bought a fairly beginner guitar.. the Starcaster Fender strat pack, and I guess the sound that came out of the guitar, wasn't quite what i was expecting. I'm a total beginner at electric guitars, and i was wondering if you guys have anything i can do to improve the sound? Like actual electric guitar sounds from ACDC, or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xjJXT0C0X4 ---> I just looked up electric guitar on youtube lol. Thanks a lot!
OK, we need to have a time out here, for a reality check. You're a quite a few thousand dollars away from sounding like a band such as AC/DC.

On a side note, I'd hate to have to live with you, trying to learn playing metal through a Marshall stack.

There are so many things which are deficient in any of those, "everything to get you started", kit packs, it's difficult to know where to begin. So, I won't. And you. in your own way, will learn to deal with it. With that said, those packs do indeed get you started, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

The electric guitar being played solo, cranked up, and loaded with distortion, is probably the most annoying musical instrument one the planet. Well, you could take up the Taiko drums. or the tuba, that'd work too.

It's actually better to practice mostly with an acoustic, and play the electric for lead practice. (You know, bending, trem, high register, pure volume tricks, chinks, stuff like that). You need to get that stuff down before you delude yourself into thinking you're Jimi Hendrix.

Hindsight is always 20/20, or so they say. You would be way better off with a small modeling amp, such as the Peavey "Vyper 15", than most of the amps that come with packages. You just dial in the amp you want to emulate, and you can do it at reasonable volumes. This amp isn't expensive, (100.00), but you would be throwing the kit discount away, when you went to buying piece at a time.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 17, 2011,