Poll: SX200 or Mustang III
Poll Options
View poll results: SX200 or Mustang III
SX200
5 100%
Mustang III
0 0%
Voters: 5.
Ive heard that a lot of fender amps are only good for clean stuff and the overdrive normally isn't very good and i need a good overdrive channel to play metal so which amp should i get?
Why only those two?
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
ESP: H-1001
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Digitech DT Whammy
Ibanez Sweeping Demon
Earthquake Bit Commander
Tone Mob Model 001 Fuzz Generator
DOD Bone Shaker
Stomp Under Foot Sonic Warfare
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Carvin's is a true analog dedicated guitar amp with amazing cleans and distortions.

Fender's is a digital modeler...

I've played through both, the carvin is great, warm cleans, useable distortions, loud, and real sounding.

The fender just seems to be missing some guts.

Now, if you're willing to go used, I'd reccomend the carvin I have, as you could probably find one for 300 bucks. But I don't know what you play!
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Last edited by evhbrianmay at Oct 17, 2011,
^It's actually a pretty good modeler, from the amount of time I've to play with it. No experience with the Carvin but it's probably gonna be good considering Carvin doesn't really make anything bad.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
^It's actually a pretty good modeler, from the amount of time I've to play with it. No experience with the Carvin but it's probably gonna be good considering Carvin doesn't really make anything bad.

It is a good modeler, but I regretted getting a vox vt50 (which I got over the mustang) when I played through the SX.
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)