zup im a relatively new player so i do not have the best gear. Im doing well tho as my teacher tells me. But right now i have a used fender princeton 112 plus. For 70 bucks im happy with it right now. At least I think. Does anyone know anything about this amp? I plan on getting a new one and thats what im hear for. I want a good amp not really expensive im willing to go up to 400 maybe 500 but my genres i like are grunge, like alternative early pumpkins work, and some classic rock. Whats a good amp that with the right pedals i can achieve the tone of those genres. it will mostly be used for grungy/alternative music.
Egnater Tweaker maybe?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Peavey Valveking all the way. it excells at those types of tones and will work great in a band situation or at home for practice.
The Princeton is a classic amplifier. Is yours one of the reissues? If not show us some pictures please.
If it's loud enough for you then it should do all you need. Just find a nice overdrive pedal to go in front of it. You aren't going to find a better sounding amplifier no matter how hard you look. Maybe look towards getting a decent 2x12 speaker cab to go with it. It's just running a single 10" speaker at the moment, no?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
check out the jet city stuff, those should do really well for you. maybe a marshall haze or ma series? i think the class 5 would be a little too barebones for you. maybe try and save up and look into doing an orange tiny terror. pretty sweet little amp
Quote by Cathbard
The Princeton is a classic amplifier. Is yours one of the reissues? If not show us some pictures please.
If it's loud enough for you then it should do all you need. Just find a nice overdrive pedal to go in front of it. You aren't going to find a better sounding amplifier no matter how hard you look. Maybe look towards getting a decent 2x12 speaker cab to go with it. It's just running a single 10" speaker at the moment, no?

i'm pretty sure he means the solid state one not the tube one that is a classic.