I went out on a limb and bought this Ibanez RG5EX1, I was only worried about how I'd like the neck. I don't regret buying this after playing it for a few days, the neck is great.

Ordered it through Musicians Friend with a case, although it didn't ship in the case at all. It made the the trip from MF to me, no damage, scratches, blemishes, nothing at all. The only thing that I think happened is the tension between the springs and the strings got thrown off a bit.

It's got a Wizard-II neck, pretty fast, smooth, plays incredibly well. Has a INF3 in the neck, INF3 Single coil in the middle and a INF4 in the bridge. I'm not entirely sold on the INF4, but the INF3's are okay. I'll probably change the INF4 and INF3 in the neck for some Bare Knuckles.

Equipped with an Edge-III bridge. It isn't amazing, but is isn't terrible. I've never had a FR styled bridge before, so figured go small, replace it if I like it. It holds tuning pretty well actually,

I apologize for the large images and the not-so-good quality.

Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Last edited by lefthandedkid at Oct 16, 2011,
*Insert random youtube-esque comment about low amount of pixels*

HNGD!

Though left handed guitars always did look awkward to me
Where's Waldo?
I've always loved the aesthetics of that guitar. The black one though, not so much the gret one.

HNGD!
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Kamikaze1014
Left handed???

WIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll get the scale with the duck!
Quote by lojsdi
I've always loved the aesthetics of that guitar. The black one though, not so much the gret one. http://xua.me/S8

Offworld, you see what this kid just did to you?
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Oct 16, 2011,
Wait, what's going on?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Quote by chadreed32

:O

THEY'RE GETTING SMARTER
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Quote by kandex
:O

THEY'RE GETTING SMARTER

Next they're going to be planting subliminal messages into their posts, but actually have to posts be helpful. We'll never know.

AHHHHH!
Where's Waldo?
Hngd, Chum!
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by chadreed32

LMAO. Ill get the lake and the wood!
Hngd!!!!
Guitars: IBANEZ RGA42FM
Strings: Elixir Nanoweb 9-42
AMP'S: Peavey Vyper
Effects: Zoom G3
HNGD man!!!

saw it on facebook, but anyway, im staling you on here too.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I had one of these once. Love the look but the fretwork was god awful. I seriously have a $80 first act with much better fretwork than what my 5EX1 had. The Inf pickups are great for Amon Amarth and they work well for SOAD. happy new guitar day
That's cool that it's available for leftys! That's a pretty nice guitar for left handed guitar players. Better than the $600 Epi Les Paul Standard for lefties... MEH.

HNGD, freak!
(no offense. I am left handed, however, I do not play guitar in such an awkward fashion.)
this ngd thread will not go away....I swear,...

FINE

HNGD!

Now can we all let this die??
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Darkdevil725
I had one of these once. Love the look but the fretwork was god awful. I seriously have a $80 first act with much better fretwork than what my 5EX1 had. The Inf pickups are great for Amon Amarth and they work well for SOAD. happy new guitar day

I know what you mean, I noticed that after I was checking it out, and it isn't the best. You do get used to it though.

Thanks for the HNGD's!
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
HNGD, freak!
(no offense. I am left handed, however, I do not play guitar in such an awkward fashion.)

None taken
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?
Last edited by lefthandedkid at Oct 23, 2011,
I write left handed, but I do almost everything else right handed, including playing and shooting and such. I doubt I could ever play left handed even if I wanted to. Just doesn't work for me. As for the RG5, it's the low end of the RG series. Only reason I ever got mine was so I could have a practice guitar that was close to my main guitar. It's a perfect match, features wise, but nowhere near the quality of the better RG's. But if I gotta bang around a guitar, I'd rather bang around $400.00 than $3,000.00. And yeah, it's a great setup for a metal guitar.