So I'v been thinking for a little while about selling my bass guitar and amp and getting back into the electric. So I'v been thinking I want to get $750ish for the bass and amp and have about $150 saved up. I'm either thinking of buying a nice electric maybe a nice used Gibson or Fender. Or I'm thinking of picking up a mid range electric like a Epi Nighthawk or Epi Dot and getting a nice used tube amp like a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.
go for the midrange and a tube amp. i got a PRS SE Santana for 200 bucks at pawn shop.
that'd leave 700 for a tube amp on your budget. you could possibly do a used peavey JSX for that price.
what kind music do you like to play?
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Fender Spalted Maple Tele
Squier Affinity Tele w.mods
Mesa Boogie Mark IV Combo + 212 Recto Cab
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
I like to play Rock, Punk, and a little Blues. Maybe if I get a really good deal on the amp I could get two mid range guitars.
Quote by Carndawgy
go for the midrange and a tube amp. i got a PRS SE Santana for 200 bucks at pawn shop.
that'd leave 700 for a tube amp on your budget. you could possibly do a used peavey JSX for that price.
what kind music do you like to play?

+1 but instead of the santana get a se custom 24 or 22. look better.

its great ur getting back into electric. btw id go with a gibson LP. the cheapest is $900 new but then u couldnt get an amp
Get one decent guitar (buying two is nuts)
Get the right guitar then see what you have for the amp. The amp should still be pretty decent (mayb a cheap bugera or 2nd hand laney or anything not marshall, too expensive for now) Once you get going the amp can be upgraded when you want to gig.

You said Fender or Gibson? They are very different, both good, different though. You should really consider going out and playing a lot of guitars and find out which you prefer. Just guessing but after playing bass you might like the big thick necks on some Fender teles and Gibson les pauls. Both can be picked up 2nd hand inside your budjet.

2nd hand can be your best friend on both. Needs a bit more work but can pay off (see my new gear thread!)
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)