Ok so ive been trying to improve on my neo classical style, im bassicly going from zakk wylde blues to yngwie malmsteen neo classical but no matter what i do my neoclassical riffs and shreds just sound... not classical. What are some good technieques to improve on the classical and get me away from the bluesy sound?
as well as frontwards and back
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
This isn't a technique issue.

Your problem is actually very simple, you don't yet know your instrument well enough, or understand enough about music, to be able to create what you want.

Fixing it though, well that's not quite so simple....moved to MT.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
This isn't a technique issue.

Your problem is actually very simple, you don't yet know your instrument well enough, or understand enough about music, to be able to create what you want.

Fixing it though, well that's not quite so simple....moved to MT.

Basically, this. You need to really understand what neoclassical actually is before you start trying to write it. It's more than just Yngwie. Read up a bit more, study some scores, listen to some more pieces. With time, study, and practice, knowledge will come.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Steven Seagull nailed it.

Music is more than a matter of choosing magic scales or chords. (What's a Neoclassical Scale, anyways?) You want the results without the work. Yngwie studied and learned Liszt and Paganini, why do you think so many people went to study guys like that?

If you want to play like your influences, study them. If you want to understand something, study it. Commit to being a student of what you want to understand. You can learn theory and understand progressions, and see the picture, but if you think that a scale is magic, that's about as much sense as thinking youre now a Hamburger because youre inside a Burger King.

Best,

Sean