Hey guys, I need a new electric guitar. I'm also low on money. This isn't really an upgrade, But then again seeing as how guitars that aren't high class brand name are usually cheap and just better, maybe it is anyway.

Anyway I need your opinions, cause I know I want something with the typical fender style shape, I'm down to two possible options. It's either...

Something like this...

http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-870-2-Tone-Sunburst-Rosewood-Fingerboard_p_908.html

OR like this

http://www.rondomusic.com/product4094.html

Give me your opinions and whichever one is more favorable, I'll go with (Though the guitar Fetish one is out of stock, I'll either wait or look for something around that kinda thing)

Note: Please don't tell me that this stuff is shit or whatever possible thing you'd want to say. Suggestions are fine. Thanks in advance.
Fair enough.
Hey
I would go with the Rondo SX. They have a decent reputation, and your getting more for the money with that choice. Also, I am finding the P90's in it interesting

Thanks just my 2 cents......take it or leave it
Yeah I always hear that about Rondo's guitars haha, I bought my six string from there and it's just over all a better instrument than anything I've ever played at the stores and whatnot. I think I need to be educated with the whole deal on differences on pick ups... But thank you Anybody else?
Fair enough.
Quote by AfroRockerMike
Yeah I always hear that about Rondo's guitars haha, I bought my six string from there and it's just over all a better instrument than anything I've ever played at the stores and whatnot. I think I need to be educated with the whole deal on differences on pick ups... But thank you Anybody else?

Single coils like on the first guitar are very twangy and bright, the P90s like on the second guitar are a single coil as well but have more mids and are more punchier like a humbucker almost, technically the P90 is the sweet spot between a single coil and a humbucker. If your looking to do classic rock the P90s would be great otherwise I would probably lean towards the single coils.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
both seem like decent choices but i'd be more inclined to get the xavier as guitar fetish does have decent products. their guitar is more likely to have better electronics. i will say that the other one with the P-90s does look interesting though.
I've heard some really terrible things about Xavier guitars. I'd go with the SX.

It's odd that it has P90's though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Haha, I feel like such a noob because I personally never cared about tones or anything like that. I play a lot of... well weird music but I like to listen to a lot of Modest Mouse and old Red Hot Chili Peppers and things that dwell in the indie realms. I think I'll just go with the Ronda one (I like calling it Ronda cause of that episode of Chappelle show with that lady Rhonda <-- Pointless fact), since it's apparently interesting.

Haha the next question is really in the superficial parts of this... Which color for the neck do I go with?! I either go with the one above OR I go with

http://www.rondomusic.com/sstashp90mn3ts.html

That one!
Fair enough.
Last edited by AfroRockerMike at Oct 17, 2011,
Most of the good things you hear about Rondomusic are about Agiles. I've owned a Douglas, a different cheap Rondo brand, and it's just another chinese throw away. The only things I've ever heard about SX is that they are comparable to squier, and need tuners and pickups right off the bat.

Save yourself some time and money, and buy a used Squier from craigslist or a pawn shop for $60 and upgrade that, or get the only thing Rondomusic is good for, an Agile.
And of course who was I to think that there wouldn't be that one guy who comes along to put a sour note on everything.
Fair enough.
Quote by AfroRockerMike
And of course who was I to think that there wouldn't be that one guy who comes along to put a sour note on everything.
well, pardon me for helping you when you asked for advice.
^
This is a forum.
You asked for opinions.
That was his.

Don't be unhappy with an answer that you didn't want. If you already have opinions formulated enough to contradict his, then why did you make the thread?

FWIW: The SX is better, but it doesn't mean its good. I'd go with, honestly, what Warpig said, a Squire or an Agile. But of the two you posted, the SX is the better. Two cents have been given.
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Oct 18, 2011,
Quote by AfroRockerMike
Note: Please don't tell me that this stuff is shit or whatever possible thing you'd want to say. Suggestions are fine. Thanks in advance.

I do remember saying this lol I don't mean to say your advice isn't respectable, but...

1) I have a Douglas 6 String and it's the best damn bass guitar I've ever played.

2) I've heard more good than bad about these guitars.

3) I said pick between the two, not for you to tell me their shitty.

Sorry if this seems rude
Fair enough.
1) That's good to know. Too bad that's a bass, and a Douglass, and the two you posted are neither.

2) Now you've heard a different opinion. Everybody is different. You can't base a final judgement off of a small sample. The more opinions, the better and more diverse the results will be. That's how statistics work.

3) I did pick between the two, here: I'll bold it for you!
Where's Waldo?
That wasn't addressed to you lol that was to warpig. Haha, no need to be snippy about it. I'm going with the SX.
Fair enough.
Eeh, was after my post so whatever. I'm sure he'd have something similar to say.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by AfroRockerMike
I do remember saying this lol I don't mean to say your advice isn't respectable, but...

1) I have a Douglas 6 String and it's the best damn bass guitar I've ever played.

Sorry if this seems rude

well hold on before a huge aregument erupts. I'll admit, i didnt see that part in your post since i just kind fo skimmed through it. I apologize for that.

But now that its said and done, can i suggest that you could probably buy a used squier and upgrade the pickups, pots, switch, nut, and tremolo block on GFS for the price of the stock SX? Im not trying to be a dick or be right, but in the end, the SX and the Squier are both cheap chinese guitars, at leas you can find a squier locally used and save some dough, or get some great upgrades.
Quote by W4RP1G
well hold on before a huge aregument erupts. I'll admit, i didnt see that part in your post since i just kind fo skimmed through it. I apologize for that.

But now that its said and done, can i suggest that you could probably buy a used squier and upgrade the pickups, pots, switch, nut, and tremolo block on GFS for the price of the stock SX? Im not trying to be a dick or be right, but in the end, the SX and the Squier are both cheap chinese guitars, at leas you can find a squier locally used and save some dough, or get some great upgrades.

Wouldn't that basically be like buying a xaviere in the first place? I can vouch for gfs pickups being good (the mean 90s at least) and the guitars use real wood. God only knows what some squires are made of, though I do like the classic vibes. I'm sure the tuners are bad but few stock tuners aren't. Youtube samples sound very good as well.

Now the agiles are excellent, best budget guitar I have ever played.
Quote by AfroRockerMike

Sorry if this seems rude

although i stuck to your guidelines i guess i wans't doing you a service. dude wouldn't you want people to tell you if there are better options? if a douglas is the best you've played that tells me you haven't played to many if any quality guitars (or basses). a friend of mine has a douglas and has had nothing but problems with it. sure it looked great when he got it and didn't sound to bad but after a few months the hardware started to go. hardly my idea of "the best".

as for hearing great things well that is because they tend to sell to inexperienced players. you don't see many (if any) threads from guys saying wow i used to play american (or even mexican)fenders but now i'm going with either of those brands. there's a reason for that.

get hwat makes you happy but no crying later when you have issues.
@Chadreed - I'm sorry.

@Warpig - I'm not looking for a project, just a guitar lol

@Patriot - I may have to look into some of that stuff I suppose...

@Monwobobbo - I will say nothing to you, I'm not trying to start anything.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Wouldn't that basically be like buying a xaviere in the first place? I can vouch for gfs pickups being good (the mean 90s at least) and the guitars use real wood. God only knows what some squires are made of, though I do like the classic vibes. I'm sure the tuners are bad but few stock tuners aren't. Youtube samples sound very good as well.

Now the agiles are excellent, best budget guitar I have ever played.

I haven't really looked into Xavier too much, I'm guessing yes, that's the same thing, except he'd have the ability to try out guitars in person to find a good Squier that plays decent and sound good(they do exist) and then upgrade that for less than a ready-made new guitar.

But since the TS wants a guitar he doesn't have to upgrade, I have to recommend the Xavier. It comes with better pickups to boot, and probably a better tremolo. The tuners are likely the GFS tuners they sell on the website, which means they will probably last for a while longer than the SX tuners. The GFS pickups will be far superior.

So there you have it, if you can't be bothered to upgrade your guitars, you may as well get the Xavier because the SX will be a huge let down stock.
I'm probably a dickhead for this, but I really didn't learn much here. Thanks guys, I know what I'm gonna do now. Sorry to waste your times.
Fair enough.