I just failed one of my six subjects this semester, and with 3 final exams to go, its scaring the f*** out of me. I'm scared I might fail another one (or more). I guess I'm already running out of motivation.

I think its okay for me to retake 2 of those subjects because I really didn't learn anything (and I won't get delayed from graduating anyway), but I'm shitting my pants thinking what my parents would do to me, or how the f** they'll react. Its also a shame to fail those subjects because they're pretty easy, but as much as I wouldn't like to blame others for my failures, I guess my professors have something to do with it.

Long story short, how do I tell my parents about this sh*t without them screaming their *sses out on my face (and still buy me a guitar LOL)?
Just let them know that you tried your best and that you will do alot better next time

I'll have a word with your mother later and put in a good word
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
At the risk of sounding like a dick, it probably isn't the teacher's fault. You have to take account for your actions, and work hard to fix them next year or next semester. You might be able to retake those courses during the summer or at a community college.

Quote by slash_GNR666

Honk
Last edited by Mukersman at Oct 17, 2011,
Quote by slash_GNR666
Just let them know that you tried your best and that you will do alot better next time

I don't know if that would be enough (or I'm really just freaking out), but I guess that's what I'm about to say. I really wish I could still get them to buy me a guitar.

You can put your good words here HAHA
Quote by Mukersman
At the risk of sounding like a dick, it probably isn't the teacher's fault.

I think there really are exceptions to that and this could probably be it (both professors are teaching for their first time). But, yeah. I surely its also my fault.
Quote by batiboy06
I don't know if that would be enough (or I'm really just freaking out), but I guess that's what I'm about to say. I really wish I could still get them to buy me a guitar.

You can put your good words here HAHA

no cause I may say more than I should
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

double posting. you must be real scared

Seriously, if you are only afraid of failing courses because your parents would be steamed, then there is a real problem. You shouldn't be doing well just to impress your parents. You should be doing well for yourself.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by batiboy06
Its also a shame to fail those subjects because they're pretty easy, but as much as I wouldn't like to blame others for my failures, I guess my professors have something to do with it.

YOU are in control of your own marks. I've been in school for a long time and trust me, it's NEVER the professor's fault. I guarantee there are people doing well in the courses you're failing so how can you blame it on the profs? The one piece of advice I can offer is that the mark you get in a course is almost always proportional to the amount of work you put in. If it's a tough subject, put in more work. School isn't about just getting by, it's about LEARNING the material.

Long story short, how do I tell my parents about this sh*t without them screaming their *sses out on my face (and still buy me a guitar LOL)?

Man up, look them in the eye, and tell them "I screwed up". Accept whatever they do calmly and try harder next time. There's nothing else you can do than accept what's happened and learn from it.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by behind_you
double posting. you must be real scared

Seriously, if you are only afraid of failing courses because your parents would be steamed, then there is a real problem. You shouldn't be doing well just to impress your parents. You should be doing well for yourself.

I told you I was haha.

Well that's an answer I'm not expecting from here (just kidding UG).

Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
YOU are in control of your own marks. I've been in school for a long time and trust me, it's NEVER the professor's fault. I guarantee there are people doing well in the courses you're failing so how can you blame it on the profs? The one piece of advice I can offer is that the mark you get in a course is almost always proportional to the amount of work you put in. If it's a tough subject, put in more work. School isn't about just getting by, it's about LEARNING the material.

Man up, look them in the eye, and tell them "I screwed up". Accept whatever they do calmly and try harder next time. There's nothing else you can do than accept what's happened and learn from it.

Most of my classmates on one of those subjects really hate my prof, but really. Yeah, I've kind of accepted that already. I guess I just ran out of motivation. How do you solve this?
Quote by batiboy06
Okay then can you call later? I'm from asia

Distance is not a problem for a good rimming session
Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by batiboy06
I guess I just ran out of motivation. How do you solve this?

Everyone finds their motivation from different places. I stay motivated by never losing sight of my end goal. I know what I want to do with my life and I'll do whatever I need to do to get there. Every time I feel tired of studying or doing work, I just remind myself that it'll be worth it. It also helps that I've got a really supportive group of family and friends who encourage me. I'm sure your parents want to see you succeed as well.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
Everyone finds their motivation from different places. I stay motivated by never losing sight of my end goal. I know what I want to do with my life and I'll do whatever I need to do to get there. Every time I feel tired of studying or doing work, I just remind myself that it'll be worth it. It also helps that I've got a really supportive group of family and friends who encourage me. I'm sure your parents want to see you succeed as well.

I guess its pretty much psychological, isn't it? Don't you have something specific you do, eat or anything to keep you going?
I failed maths every year since 8th grade, if you grow some balls and straight up say I failed get the f**k over it they wont even care
Quote by batiboy06
I guess its pretty much psychological, isn't it? Don't you have something specific you do, eat or anything to keep you going?

A lot of it is psychological. You just need to find something you're really passionate about and then doing work doesn't seem like a chore. In terms of things I do to keep me going, I maintain a life outside of school. It helps keep me sane and gives me a break from school every once in a while. I hang out with friends, play intramural sports, play guitar, work out, and volunteer at a couple of places. I also eat very healthy, nutritious meals. What you put into your body is so important to every aspect of your life. I find when I eat well I have more energy for other things and I have greater focus.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by OG frenchy
I failed maths every year since 8th grade, if you grow some balls and straight up say I failed get the f**k over it they wont even care

I don't know if its just culture but I guess its really not that easy. Probably its just because I've never failed this hard before.

Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
A lot of it is psychological. You just need to find something you're really passionate about and then doing work doesn't seem like a chore. In terms of things I do to keep me going, I maintain a life outside of school. It helps keep me sane and gives me a break from school every once in a while. I hang out with friends, play intramural sports, play guitar, work out, and volunteer at a couple of places. I also eat very healthy, nutritious meals. What you put into your body is so important to every aspect of your life. I find when I eat well I have more energy for other things and I have greater focus.

Man, you're pretty solid. Thanks bro