Sometimes (usualy once in a month and sometimes more often) a strange thing happens to me while playing a guitar. Everything is going ok, but there comes a day when I feel like I can't play anything, I make a lot a mistakes, hit wrong notes, feel very frustrated, and I put away guitar for a couple of days. When i pick it up again, everything comes back to normal and my technique is where it should be. But does things like that happen to you? Is it normal, and what does it means
everyone has good days and bad days...nobody's perfect. just don't let your frustrations make you quit playing. even the best guitarists in the world take time to learn new things.
It happens to me as well.

Maybe it's related to being tired or when you play in a place with low temperatures (it happens to me sometimes).
Perhaps some days you just start playing with a little too much confidence...

Let me explain; sometimes if I practice a song for a few hours one night then jump into it the next night without proper warm up or that, I sound sh!t. Or you try and play something with much more confidence and think you can tackle it at a much greater speed than what you can technically achieve.

I sometimes get in my head that I can solo like a pro, but when I try and put my solo ideas into my fingers it just comes out all wrong.

Just take a step back, take it slow, and let the good times roll!
It happens to me as well, I'll be playing some crazy difficult stuff one day, then the next I can't even play stuff that I was able to when I was a beginner.
It happens. You're dealing with it in the best way by taking a break for a couple of days and coming back to it refreshed. It's just like anything else in life, occasionally you need a break.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by henrihell
Only when I'm trying to record something...... -.-

+ 1. When I'm recording something I always make stupid mistakes and I need to take like ten takes before I get it right.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I get the recording blues aswell (works one day, doesn't work the next).

However i go through phases of guitar playing. For a few months i'm loving it, practicing tons and learning tons of new songs. feel like i'm a good guitar player

Then i'm not feeling it so much, don't play as often, barely learn or record anything. feel like a shitty guitar player.

Tends to be about 3 months at a time, lol.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by MaggaraMarine
+ 1. When I'm recording something I always make stupid mistakes and I need to take like ten takes before I get it right.

We are twins.
happens, i hate it.. i just muscle my way through it, i might pause for a moment, get something to eat or talk to my gf, but i come back to it and practice it for hours...
otherwise i would feel like i have given up, everyone has their own way of dealing with it.
However: I would never recommend someone to stop playing for days because they cant play something, i would tell them to practice it twice as long.
Quote by Slashiepie
happens, i hate it.. i just muscle my way through it, i might pause for a moment, get something to eat or talk to my gf, but i come back to it and practice it for hours...
otherwise i would feel like i have given up, everyone has their own way of dealing with it.
However: I would never recommend someone to stop playing for days because they cant play something, i would tell them to practice it twice as long.

Thats exactly what I do, but I'm really stumped by under a glass moon and some AAL
Quote by Slashiepie

actually stopping for a few days generally greater improves my playing

If i'm just learning something, i'll get the riff down and note the key problems i'm having (tripping over my hand, using the wrong finger by instinct). Once i mostly know the notes, i like it "stink in" for atleast a day or two.

Always seems to work for me
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
It happens to everyone. I just keep playing until I get back in the groove.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
It usually happends to a lot of guitarists. But no worry, it just for a moment usually. It will be like normal in few seconds or few days.
Are you trying to tell us a guitar player is supposed to sound the way he would like to sound? Wow, who knew....!