So i wouldnt mind a guitar multi fx pedal.

Yeah i know theyre not as good as having seperate pedals but im on a bit of a budget. Plus its tidier.

So i was looking at the ME25 which looks pretty good but some people have a problem switching between patches, particularly live. Is it worth adhering to the 'buy nice or buy twice' logic on this one and forking out that extra £100 for the ME70?

Cheers UGers
Haven't tested any of those, so I googled 'em up, and I can tell by just looking at the pictures the ME70 is easier to use I don't like that "memory up" "memory down" thing, since if you use more than two FX you pretty much have to have them all lined up in the order you're gonna use them live, 'cause everything messes up completely when you have to jump over one memory slot, especially during a song.
Have you looked at units like the zoom g3 and the digitech rp355?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Yeah Zoom G3 seems great. It's the closest to my 'dream unit' (where I can load vsts into a pedal). I'd get it in a heartbeat if not for the lack of expression pedal.
Two bands I'm obsessed about : Coheed and Cambria.
The ME-25 is a cool pedal, but you can only cycle up/down through the patches. The other footswitch is a boost. Basically it toggles between two volume levels.
Quote by LivinJoke84
When cycling up and down between patches can these be custom (i.e. user set) patches.

Yes, I'm pretty sure they can be.
Quote by kutless999
Yes, I'm pretty sure they can be.

Cool, so i could have, say, overdrive on patch 1, overdrive and flanger on patch 2 then overdive and reverb on patch 3 if those were the effects for a song different parts, Verse, pre chorus and chorus respectively (just as an example off the top of my head.)
Yep.
I saw Kings of Leon live last friday and the bassist played through an me-50 for what it's worth, just putting this so you know they're good enough for pro musicians to use them (it's not in your choices but it's in the same range, so it should sound more or less the same)
The song Sneaky in my link below was done with the ME-25 and it's looper. I plugged a drum machine into the aux in.

Also the song Jelly Jam in my link was done with the ME-25 into a Zoom G3. Both of these songs demonstrate the freeze effect of the ME-25. When you hear something that sounds like a synth pad going in and out it's the freeze. The freeze works with the expression pedal to activate and control the volume of the frozen tone.

I'm keeping one of my pedalboard setups as combination of the ME-25 and the Zoom G3. I think it has a lot of potential.
Last edited by fly135 at Oct 17, 2011,
I would split the difference and go for a used ME-50.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.