Hello all...

We've all been there, practiced so much but when time comes to perform gigs and what not, we commit so many mistakes that you question yourself if you practiced at all.

So how do you reduce mistakes consciously during performing?

I have been practicing the songs we play in front of the crowd so much that I know the sequence by heart but I still commit so many mistakes live.

Is it still lack of practice?

Any advice to reduce or eliminate mistakes when playing live?
It's more likely a lack of confidence.
It's easy to make mistakes when under pressure.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by gothblade
Hello all...

We've all been there, practiced so much but when time comes to perform gigs and what not, we commit so many mistakes that you question yourself if you practiced at all.

I have been practicing the songs we play in front of the crowd so much that I know the sequence by heart but I still commit so many mistakes live.

I wouldn't use the word commit. Sounds like its a crime to make a mistake. Every guitarist makes mistakes live even the best. As time goes by and you get more and more comfortable playing in front of people and your technique improves, you will find yourself making less mistakes.

If you do make a mistake live it is best to laugh it off, have the ooops expression on your face. Dont suddenly become really tense and embarassed.
By the time you play you should be playing the song in your sleep.

It's most likely a confidence thing though. Just know, most people don't know you make mistakes ESPECIALLY if you're playing new originals.
As everyone else has pointed out, it's mostly just a confidence thing. However, if you DO make a mistake, try making it a theme. Some players will play the note again to let the audience know that they meant to do it.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Everyone pretty much said what i was going to say, also it is how you recover from making mistakes which makes you a better band, give it more time and i'm sure they will become less frequent!
Quote by gothblade
Hello all...

experience.

Just keep doing it, have fun, and allow yourself to get better at it.
shred is gaudy music