So, with Christmas just a couple of months away, I want a new guitar. I intend for this one to be my last purchase for a while, so I can focus on pedals and other things (which I lack). I have £350 to spend, located in the West Midlands, England. I want a guitar that can handle rock in general, but also provides sweet clean tones (I have a Les Paul copy for downtuning and metal).

I would prefer a curved, rosewood fretboard (but open to any other options), not too bothered about pickups. I've been interested in a floyd rose equipped guitar, so I'm not ruling out floyds. I would like this guitar to last me a while, as I intend for this purchase to be my last for a bit. So fire away UGer's, let me hear your suggestions .
hss strat should be illegal, grab a sss strat, a tele or a jaguar(ss please)
Quote by Haydenr25
So, with Christmas just a couple of months away, I want a new guitar. I intend for this one to be my last purchase for a while, so I can focus on pedals and other things (which I lack). I have £350 to spend, located in the West Midlands, England. I want a guitar that can handle rock in general, but also provides sweet clean tones (I have a Les Paul copy for downtuning and metal).

I would prefer a curved, rosewood fretboard (but open to any other options), not too bothered about pickups. I've been interested in a floyd rose equipped guitar, so I'm not ruling out floyds. I would like this guitar to last me a while, as I intend for this purchase to be my last for a bit. So fire away UGer's, let me hear your suggestions .

ring PMT Southend,

they have just had a load of end of the line washburn guitars and are selling a few with floyds and good quality for exactly the money you have,

they have stores all over the uk and are great guys to deal with.

note i dont work there and never have.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by StiffULip123
I know it's £455 but if you could find one used that may be better....

http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/guitar/electric/fender-mexican-standard-stratocaster-hss-midnight-wine-rw

If you can afford it definitely go for this. HSS strats are excellent. But I'd be careful with SSS ones. Don't do what I did and thought that an sss would do the trick just because you couldn't afford the HSS. I love my strat but wish it had a humbucker.