I am trying out the extra light strings because i really like the bright sound, but the high e sounds like the worst thing i have ever heard, very similar to the sound of those 20 dollar toy guitars high e. Could i swap in a high e string from a set of lights? or would it mess my guitar up.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Not unless you have a floyd rose. If you have an expensive guitar (1000+) I wouldn't do it just to be safe. I don't think it will screw it up to much. But you might want to get a second opinion.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
Quote by thrashdeth
Not unless you have a floyd rose. If you have an expensive guitar (1000+) I wouldn't do it just to be safe. I don't think it will screw it up to much. But you might want to get a second opinion.

Its an acoustic guitar, does that change the question.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by Cloudkicker
Its an acoustic guitar, does that change the question.

Yeah, that changes a lot. I don't know much about acoustic guitars. It's one string, it shouldn't do anything besides feel tighter. But most electrics have truss rods so if you screw anything up you can undo it. I don't know about acoustics.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!