Hi guys,

I am trying to keep to the sticky on new gear a little, but because my situation is a little different i won't be sticking to it too strictly.

Currently i have my starter guitar, an Ibanez GRG170DX, not too great but it has got me by, and a Roland Cube30x which i bought last year as an upgrade on my starter amp, and i quite like it, and would probably keep it for future use as a practice amp (if needed )

really the question boils down to, a Marshall 1984 JCM800 50w or a Gibson Flying V?

I do know, that this is massively too loud for my needs currently (bedroom use), but i am In love with the tone on Ride the Lightning, and think this amp sounds great for thrash, and have recently seen one for a reasonable price in my area. So i was going to get it and an attenuator, for obvious reasons

However, this leaves me stuck with my starter guitar, which isn't horrible, but by no means great.

Thank You for any help on the matter and i hope this is the correct area of the forum!
get the amp. If any thing just upgrade the pickups in your Ibanez.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i agree go amp...you can play a good guitar through a shit amp and sound bad or play not so good guitar through a good amp and atleast sound decent
this is GG&A, amp!
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
get the amp. however, depending on price range and style you could easily get a smaller all tube amp and a better guitar. this would suffice until you are truly ready for the marshall. trust me I got the marshall, love it, but went through a couple of ok amps prior to getting it, my guitars have remained. just food for thought.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Amp, no reason to get the V and play it through the Cube.

Also the RTL tone isn't probably the amp by itself. They more than likely used a bit of extra EQing and boosting. FYI.

You could also look for a Peavey Windsor for a cheaper JCM option.
1. Get the amp, skip the attenuator
2. Sell your guitar
3. Buy new guitar with what you made off old one and what you were going to spend on attenuator
4. ???
5. Profit $$$
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Get the guitar! (for debate sake). I've never played a cube but I've heard from guitarists that are better than me and seen online, enthusiastic raves about the cube amps. The amp would take precedent if your frickin' crankin' it on a regular basis, the way a jcm should be used. Do you really play that loud that often? If you're not making a ton of money off gigs (as most of us aren't) it would kinda be overkill, FOR NOW. If it were me I'd buy a used flying v (hypotheticly, I'm just not a flying v type of guy) some specific pups I like and a good used 15w (tube) amp with that money, thats just me though.