Page 1 of 4
two nights ago I just came to the conclusion that music means nothing to me anymore. Music used to have feelings to me, but now nothing I listen to means anything to me. I can't write music anymore because it just feels fake. I don't know what to do now because music is all I do.

Anyone have experiences with this?
nope, not me. i love music, and the feeling is mutual. try listening to bluegrass.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFDx-L7PcrY

Listen to this, and see how beautifully all the instruments fit together. The entire song is based off of that short phrase in the beginning. The best part is how you can visualize the harmonies from the video. If that incredible display of composition skills don't do anything for you, I think you might be a robot.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Take a break.

Put your guitar in the corner of your room and leave it there for a while. It may be a few days, it may be a few weeks, it may even be a few months, but eventually you'll get an uncontrollable urge to pick it up again.

When it happens, you'll love music more than ever.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
Recently, electronic music.

protip: most electronic music isn't meant to be meaningful.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

damn im sorry listen to animals as leaders, scale the summit, guthrie govan try to find bands and instrumentalists that soothe you
I don't think this will last. I mean, this is just a little bad period like everyone has at some points.
Quote by jetfuel495
Fixed that for you

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by captaincrunk
Music doesn't mean anything. It's jiggly air that sounds cool.

true..but..

breasts are jiggly skin that looks cool, so are you gonna hate them too?
Last edited by perszzac at Oct 17, 2011,
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar

No wonder then
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
maybe listen to some older bands? Stuff like Zeppelin, Bowie, Beatles, Beach Boys usually does the trick for me if I really want to FEEL music

EDIT: ^what he said, helps alot if you're tired of music. I've had the feeling
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Last edited by TimTheWizard at Oct 17, 2011,
Try to discover new music?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by perszzac
true..but..

breasts are jiggly skin that looks cool, so are you gonna hate them too?

I don't remember the last time I described breasts as looking "cool".
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar

well, there's your problem
Gunna have to agree that the Electronica is probably killing your brain, I thought the only people that enjoyed that music were constantly blasted off there asses on 'E'.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
You're just in a slump. Whenever I'm in a slump, I just listen to Tommy Emmanuel's music and I'm re-energized.
ggg1 ggg3

I have gone through those periods, best thing to do is take a break from music. Don't listen to music, don't play instruments, turn the music on video games off. Eventually you will realize how much life sucks without music. Especially if after a hiatus of music activities you watch a movie with great composition.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by ne14t
Gunna have to agree that the Electronica is probably killing your brain, I thought the only people that enjoyed that music were constantly blasted off there asses on 'E'.

You're an idiot.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by captaincrunk
Did I say I hated anything? Shut up fool.

hey hey hey, step off. Not trying to attack you at all. Wrong choice of words on my part. And I apologize.
Quote by Zoot Allures
This.

That's not what I said. What you said is terrible.
Take a break, then listen to new stuff, or look at things in different ways.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Page 1 of 4