Hello, I'm looking for a good bridge pickup for my strat. I'm looking for something that will take heavy distortions well. I do a lot of tapping and chugs and such, so I'm open for suggestions. Single coils only, thanks all !
You do lots of tapping and chugs, with heavy distortion... yet want single coils only?

You sound like you want to play metal... Now, I'm not saying there's never been a single-coil that produced good metal sound, but why not get a single-coil sized humbucker?
Youre right. My apologies, I was trying to say "single coil sized only". With that said, what do you think?
Do you mean single coil sized only? If so, the Seymour Duncan Hot Rails are great for distortion. They really don't have a great clean though. If you do need some clean, try the Dimarzio Tone Zone S. It cleans up better and still has a good distorted sound, very open and clear.

There are a lot more of these single coil sized humbuckers out there. If you wanted true single coils, not a stacked humbucker, EMG makes the only ones I can think of that do well under heavy metal type distortion. Fender single coils don't sound well under that, but they never were meant to.
SD Hot Rails if all you need is big tone with lots of output. Cool Rails if your amp has a lot of gain anyway. If you want something with more character then DiMarzio do a ton of singlecoil-sized humbuckers. The DM Tone Zone S and Super Distortion S are both good, heavy sounding pickups with a lot of bass but they can be a little bit muddy. DM Chopper is good if you want a little more clarity.
Thank you all!

I was a little vague with my previous description so let me go a little more into detail just to make sure.

I'm looking for something that will still give out clear notes at high distortions and not sound muddy and over the top mid rangey. It would be a + if it also retained an decent clear tone.
Thing is, I was always the guy to just focus on my playing rather than tone, but now since shows and recordings are coming up, I decided to look into my thin muddy tone. So I don't know much about pickups and the different types!
Sounds like you want either a SD Cool Rails or a DM Chopper.

The Cool Rails is lower output and slightly brighter version of the Hot Rails. So it gives you a full humbucker tone but it doesn't get muddy. It's got a good balance between the bass, mids and treble. It has slightly high output.

The Chopper sounds about halfway between a normal Strat pickup and a humbucker. It's very clear. It has some of the nicest and smoothest clean tones and it has a really tight sound for complex playing with distortion but it does lack a little bass and output. If your amp has a very heavy tone anyway then this will be fine. If you have a more vintage style amp then the Chopper may be just a little bit TOO clear and weak. it has medium output

Seymour Duncan also do some more traditional-sounding pickups like the Little 59 and JB Jr and Lil Screamin Demon. These sound more like regular rock humbuckers and aren't really intended for metal but if clarity and response is important to you then they are a better choice than the 'rail' kind of pickup. The JB Jr has about the same output as the Hot Rails but with a little less mids and more treble. The Little 59 has about the same output as the Cool Rails but with just a little softer bass. The Lil Screamin Demon has an output between the Little 59/Cool Rails and the JB Jr/Hot Rails and the tone is inbetween too, it's a little clearer than the JB Jr and Hot Rails but not quite as balanced and clear as the Little 59 and Cool Rails.

If you don't know what to go for, just go for a Cool Rails. It's a bit boring but you can't go wrong with it.
Quote by grohl1987
Sounds like you want either a SD Cool Rails or a DM Chopper.

The Cool Rails is lower output and slightly brighter version of the Hot Rails. So it gives you a full humbucker tone but it doesn't get muddy. It's got a good balance between the bass, mids and treble. It has slightly high output.

The Chopper sounds about halfway between a normal Strat pickup and a humbucker. It's very clear. It has some of the nicest and smoothest clean tones and it has a really tight sound for complex playing with distortion but it does lack a little bass and output. If your amp has a very heavy tone anyway then this will be fine. If you have a more vintage style amp then the Chopper may be just a little bit TOO clear and weak. it has medium output

If you don't know what to go for, just go for a Cool Rails. It's a bit boring but you can't go wrong with it.

Sounds good, but one question ; is the cool rails passive?
Alright awesome! Thanks for the help everyone, I think I'll look into hot and cool rails!
Lace Sensor Red. plenty of balls and still retains the positive aspects of a single coil pup. almost noiseless (better than many humbuckers but not totally noiseless at really high gain). i have a blue and 2 silvers in my Strat Plus. the blue isan't as high output as the red but does fine with distortion and i can get some pretty heavy tones with it (i don't play modern metal though).
Bareknuckle Sinner.

****ing incredible pickup it is, stupidly underrated. Take a listen to some of the clips on the BKP website.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.