I'm trying out for high school drum line (snare) later this year (which is a pretty big deal where I live) and I really want to get ahead of the game by learning stuff now because the auditions not until April-May-ish. What rudiments/other drum things should I start learning to pass with flying colors so to speak?
you're a stone fox
paradiddles and practice with a metronome
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Paradiddles, Single stroke rolls, multiple bounce rolls, drags, and rimshots would greatly improve your chances. Practicing with a metronome is also good advice. Also, it doesn't hurt to youtube some videos, once you get the basic idea of those basic rudiments down, and try looking up lessons, or little snare solos, and practice trying to play them.
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side
We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I
Also, check out a couple of exercises called "Magic Number" and "Pyramid". They'll help with your counting. Make sure when working on snare parts, you don't suffer from "Rock Drummer arm". Marching guys should know what I'm talking about...

RIGHT left RIGHT left RIGHT left...

And pay attention to your left hand especially with your stroke technique. That hand goes DERP a lot when you're used to a kit.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Also, check out a couple of exercises called "Magic Number" and "Pyramid". They'll help with your counting. Make sure when working on snare parts, you don't suffer from "Rock Drummer arm". Marching guys should know what I'm talking about...

And pay attention to your left hand especially with your stroke technique. That hand goes DERP a lot when you're used to a kit.

The hell is rock drummer arm?
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Saint78
What rudiments/other drum things should I start learning to pass with flying colors so to speak?

http://www.vicfirth.com/education/rudiments.php

Learn these - and I mean all of them. Be able to play them leading with both of your hands.

Learn these and you will make snare.

Quote by Niiko
The hell is rock drummer arm?

Rock Drummer Arm is when you rely completely on your right arm for everything. You should be codependent.
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
The username. Who wants to be known as the poop kid? That's like the kid that poops in the urinal at school and everybody finds out about it.

Quote by Metallicaxp
This, this right here is the correct option.
Quote by thepoopkid3

Rock Drummer Arm is when you rely completely on your right arm for everything. You should be codependent.

I thought codependency was just a given. Whatever works for them. It's not like rudiments are a huge focus in rock drumming.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Shinozoku

Thanks, I most definitely suffer from RDA since I've always played right hand lead.
you're a stone fox