I was doing pull ups and dives with my tremolo and I noticed that each time I did a pull up a cracking sound appeared and changed my tuning... but whenever I did a divebomb the tuning would go back to normal. What can I do to keep my guitar always in tune?
Thanks
Whoa whoa whoa a cracking noise? What type of guitar and tremolo system you working with here? Most importantly does it have a locking nut?
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Everything is ok with the locking nuts, it seems to me that the floyd rose kinda moves upwards or downwards as I dive or pull the bar. The guitar I'm playing is a Jackson DK-2 and it has its original licensed low-profile tremolo.
Make sure the locking nuts are at proper tension. Not too tight, not too loose, just right. My Jackson DKMG did that too after the first string change. I guess I had the nuts locked too tight.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
wow.From my understanding of your previous post,it might be the studs.try checking the
thread.If there any bad serious defect on the thread,one or the consequence is the pivot post might move/('slip') upwards or downwards with tremolo use.One of the solution is to change the studs/re-drill a larger hole for more secure locking studs made by i.e. gotoh.I hope this is will help.
I still can't solve this problem. I tried to loosen the locking nut so it wouldn't have that much preassure, but it doesn't solve anything. I thought perhaps it could be a spring problem, but I don't know if that's possible...
I think that the problem is in the nut, but I don't know how to solve it.
Maybe the whole locking nut isn't tight enough and it moves as the string tension changes when you use the trem.
How old is the guitar?

It could be the pivot points (see below ) on the bridge. Or the pivot posts (not shown on this pic, but they are what the pivot points rest on and move on). If they're worn out, particularly if they have got grooves in them from being so worn, they could be snagging when you move the bridge.

You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
The guitar is new, and I actually think that the problem is that the nut (not the locking nut) isn't tight enough, but one of the screws from the nut is loose (maybe I should get a wider screw, because if I tighten the screw it doesn't get tight at all) and the other one is very tight (and that screw is stripped I can't pull it off). Could that be the problem?
Btw: i can't see the image .
Now I know that the problem is the nut, the nut is moving back and forth because one of the screws isn't tight enough, the problem is that the hole is badly drilled (it's actually bigger than the screw) no matter how much I turn the screw clockwise, it won't get tight. What can I do so it stays tight? Please answer
As small as the hole is, drilling may not be required. But it would require you to re-tap the hole to the next size up. Then replace the screw with that size and thread. Either that or just replace the trem.
Quote by IbanezBossShred
As small as the hole is, drilling may not be required. But it would require you to re-tap the hole to the next size up. Then replace the screw with that size and thread. Either that or just replace the trem.

The problem is that the big hole is in the wood of the guitar and the screw won't get tight !!!!
Last edited by Dantesin at Oct 28, 2011,
BUY A BIGGER SCREW.... or put a tooth pick in the hole and thread the srec back in. Done.
I sticked the toothpick and put on the screw, it worked, now the nut doesn't move, but still I can't do a divebomb without getting out of tune the locking nuts are tight and everything .
I hate to say this, but it may be time to take it to a pro. I mean, if you are having a problem you cannot resolve on your own, then maybe it would be best to at least ask a guitar tech what it would cost to fix.