I had the fortunate opportunity to play a vintage 1967 Guild Starfire III a few months ago in Guitar Center. Unfortunately, it was $1400 and I couldn't afford it at the time. Someone bought it, and I haven't seen anything like it since. That guitar was pretty much perfect for me. I can't seem to find any on eBay.

My question to UG is this: is there anything out there today that can get me close to the Guild? I thought about maybe the Ibanez AFS75T or the AFS80T, but I'm not sure.

For those who don't know, the Starfire III was a 1-3/4 inch-thick full hollowbody with a floating tune-o-matic bridge and a Bigsby-style trem:

Any ideas? Thanks for any advice you can give
try the Ibanez guitars as they are really nice and may fit the bill. you also might want to look at one of the electromatic series Gretsch models as well.
Quote by RoadsToFreedom
I own a Gretsch G5120. Not even close. Body is too thick, pickups too weak.

ok was just a thought. haven't tried one but a Prestige Musican seems to have the specs you want.
I had the AFS75T for a few years. It was very midrangey and the vibrato piece actually worked very well. The only reason I sold it was because I got the AS73, which had better sustain, better upper fret access and a stopbar tailpiece (after a while I stopped using the vibrato on the AFS75T and it just got in the way.) I'd definitely still recommend the AFS75T though - it just didn't fit my personal style. Very solid guitar for the money.

Although, I have no idea how close it is the that Guild. I'd say go to a GC and try one out.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"