I have a jack marked "preamp out" on the back of my amp(an electar tube 30r), what in tarnation does that do? It has a speaker out(thankfully) and footswitch jack(sadly, no fx loop) and I know what they do, but I'm not sure about a preamp out. At first I was thinking maybe its the effects loop but there is no loop in. If its to run just the amp into a speaker, why the "speaker out"? By the way, very sweet toned amp for/against the money

ps. This amp is single channel, 2x 12ax7 / 2x el84. I like a gritty but clear, mean but clean p90 tone and this amps factory power tubes are beat(at least there's very lil glow and they're pretty old so I'm thinking it can only sound better if replaced), any advice?
Last edited by lucky1978 at Oct 17, 2011,
Does it also have "power amp in" or "line in" jack?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
No others. Thats kinda cool though, so I can plug it into our pa and have the amp cranked at the same time? Instead of cutting off the amps speaker like using the speaker out?
Going from the preamp out directly into the desk never works very well. You're far better off sticking a mike in front of a speaker.

Btw. 2x12AX7 and 2xEL84 Do they by chance say its power output is 18W?
Actually - no rectifier tube so I'm gonna guess 20W.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Oct 17, 2011,
hmmm...does that mean that I can go, preamp out->multifx(considered a "preamp", right?) ->cab, to get the amps speaker and my cab howling simultaneously?
Quote by Cathbard
Going from the preamp out directly into the desk never works very well. You're far better off sticking a mike in front of a speaker.

Btw. 2x12AX7 and 2xEL84 Do they by chance say its power output is 18W?
Actually - no rectifier tube so I'm gonna guess 20W.

I'm no expert but I cranked it in the shop and immediatly took into account there was no way in hell its the 30w the name suggests, supposedly its 25, Id guess 13
The speaker out is powered and goes into/drives a speaker cab.
The preamp out is line level, so you can put it into something that takes line level (mixer, etc).

One is high voltage, the other is low.

Quote by lucky1978
hmmm...does that mean that I can go, preamp out->multifx(considered a "preamp", right?) ->cab, to get the amps speaker and my cab howling simultaneously?

No, it would be line level, which can't drive a speaker.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Well, no way you'd be getting 30W out of two EL84's. I'd be guessing it's some variation on the 18W Marshall simply going by the tube compliment.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification