View poll results: Pick Or No Pick?
Pick
12 71%
I Dont Use A Pick
1 6%
I Occasionally Use A Pick
4 24%
Voters: 17.
Am I the only here that does not use a guitar pick? I'm always losing the darn things so I tend not to use them & I play just fine without them.
I used a pick because that is how I was taught.. But it's all good.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Both. I play a lot of finger picked stuff, a lot of picked stuff, and a lot of chicken-picked stuff.
There's a lot of stuff that you really can't do without a pick. Especially in metal. So, pick.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
This question is really vague and useless.

I mean, if I fingerpick, I obviously don't use a pick, and if I'm sweeping, I'm obviously using a pick. Same goes with a ton of other things, and a lot of genre specific things (though there are always exceptions and ways to do things with a pick that you would normally do without, and vice versa). You basically should have asked something along the lines of, "What genres of music do you play, and what techniques do you employ within said genre?".
Where's Waldo?
I play fingerstyle and with a pick as appropriate. I play a lot bluegrass/alt-country stuff and I flatpick that.
I play fingerstyle blues, resonator/bottleneck guitar... no pick.

The flatpick is essentially integral to bluegrass playing.
Quote by nightowl2011
Am I the only here that does not use a guitar pick? I'm always losing the darn things so I tend not to use them & I play just fine without them.

No you're not

This really doesn't justify a poll. Or a thread for that matter.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com