Don't mean for this to be lock-bait, but I think it looks neat and its got my piano playing friends into wanting to buy and playing an actual guitar.

Your guys' thoughts?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Heading out to pick it up in just a few minutes! I've been waiting months for this game!
It loks like it may be horrible or Amazing. I plan to Pick it up tommorrow. I Think that as a new platform for learning songs, it might be very helpful. BUt i admit, I dont want more people into guitar. The fewer there are, the more elite it is. I disliked guitar hero for the same reason. But. I'm very interested in this game.
My sig? Nice.
No, because I already know how to play guitar. I started learning immediately after the very first Guitar Hero game came out and haven't stopped since. Now that franchise is dead and so are music games pretty much. Hm.

Good luck with it, I guess.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
idk i might get an xbox to play it. i heard they have virtual versions of all sorts amps and pedals that can be played directly from the game, which would save a trip to guitar center (or any store) if you wanted to buy some. plus i would get to make my friends and random people online look like bitches at guitar.
I personally enjoy Guitar Hero and Rock Band because it's not really playing guitar. I have fun trying to get high scores and playing with friends. It's just pure videogame fun. But I don't get this Rocksmith game. It's pretty much playing along to a backing track with moving tab. I can play along to a backing track anytime I want. I can easily learn those songs if I wanted to. I don't need a game to teach me. I can figure it out by ear or look up a tab for free. I don't need to spend $80. I feel like most guitarists are in the same boat as me.

But then there's the beginner. I don't know what they're expecting. The game isn't going to make guitar less time-consuming or painful. If you didn't pick up guitar before the game, I don't see how a game makes you pick it up. There was something fundamentally different between GH or RB and real guitar. This is blurring the line between a game and real world dedication. I don't understand who the target demographic is unless they're just trying to capitalize on people who played GH and RB. I don't think it's revolutionary at all.
I’ll wait for the reviews to come out and a complete track list. I am not expecting much—it’s usually a very bad sign when a game is not sent to critics before release. But I hope it turns out well; moving tab with variable difficulty and no-hassle modeling could be really cool. Especially if they can manage to do something like Garage Band lesson sets for it.
I wouldn't mind picking this up.

Anyone know if you actually have to tune up to E standard to play it though? Doesn't seek worth it I have to set up my guitar to play it
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby
Quote by engineno9
I wouldn't mind picking this up.

Anyone know if you actually have to tune up to E standard to play it though? Doesn't seek worth it I have to set up my guitar to play it

The songs that come with the game are only supposed to be E standard and drop D. Songs with different tunings are supposed to come out as DLC later on though.

I'm definitely picking this up, to me it's the motivation I needed to practice even more, cause I'm more of a gamer than a musician, although it's a shame to admit it here.
I'm picking it up today just because it is different from the usual guitar games. Looks interesting enough to be worth a try.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
For a guy like me with two kids and a wife, it's going to be great. It's already hard enough to try and keep any sort of practice regime. Years ago I played a couple hours a day, now it's like a couple hours a week. Having some sort of interface will keep me from playing the same tired old riffs every time I pick a guitar up. I do see how it would be pointless to a lot of you young guys/gals that have nothing but time to play. I personally see it being geared toward beginners or old has beens like myself.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
it's guitarpro for xbox
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I'll prolly try it and see how it goes. if it's gay, i'll give it to one of my friends who have been wanting to learn
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I've watched the videos for it and read one review on Amazon. I think it looks pretty good. I really like that it sets itself to your playing ability. And I'm with zeek7pc on this one, I usually don't have the time right now to sit and learn new songs and riffs so I usually just end up playing the same old shit or improving for a half hour before some one or thing bothers me.
Rocsmith demo thing, for those of you who dont know what it is. I also agree that it seems lke guitarpro for xbox. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpwM88EzHgw
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
2 Rocksmith threads on the first page? Great.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I'll probably pick it up once it hits the $5 bargain bin in presumably a month or two, as the only song on it that I care for is Silversun Pickups' Panic Switch.

I also enjoy playing Rock Band, and I don't care that it doesn't "help" my guitar playing or give me any real "skills". It's a videogame, it isn't supposed to.
Quote by david1707
I've watched the videos for it and read one review on Amazon. I think it looks pretty good. I really like that it sets itself to your playing ability. And I'm with zeek7pc on this one, I usually don't have the time right now to sit and learn new songs and riffs so I usually just end up playing the same old shit or improving for a half hour before some one or thing bothers me.

I don't get this notion at all. You don't have any time to play guitar, but magically you have time to play guitar on an xbox. Just spend the time you now use on games to play your guitar.
This is the first i've heard of Rocksmith. When Guitar Hero came out all I could think of how great it would be if they would create a game to actually help people to learn guitar, now here it is. I hope Rocksmith can be a great learning tool for new guitar players, but I have my doubts.
Last edited by nightowl2011 at Oct 18, 2011,
If I want to play guitar, I will play guitar.

If I want to play video games, I want to do something completely different to guitar. Variety is the spice of life.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
I'm not buying this for the songs and 'practice time', I'm buying this for the fact that it'll have some sort of DLC later on where you'll be able to craft your own songs, like GP5, except on PS3/Xbox instead.

Well okay, idk if they're for sure doing that, but if they do holy hell shut up and take my money
love is love // return to dust
I think I'd rather play something less realistic the whole point of Guitar Hero and Rockband is that you can pretend to be really good, hence the word "hero" in the title. I think making it more realistic is making it less fun.
Quote by LRCGUITAR
I think I'd rather play something less realistic the whole point of Guitar Hero and Rockband is that you can pretend to be really good, hence the word "hero" in the title. I think making it more realistic is making it less fun.

This. Why the fuck would anyone want to play video games that are the same as real life?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by Minkaro
I'm not, track list is terrible.

This. Once they start getting better songs, I'll probably consider it.

Although, it does have Red Fang....
I'm not planning on picking it up, as my interest in video games has faded over the last year, but I think that from what I've heard, it could be a good thing for people that are interested in picking up the instrument. I'll just hold onto my optimism, and hope for the best.
What they really need is a boxing game of this calibre
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby
I have bought and played the game today.

I was very impressed, and it was one of if not the best investment I've made on guitar equipment yet besides the actual guitar.

Very, very fun game.

Accurate, virtually no latency, great effects and modelers, and a intuitive learning system.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
THIS IS THE BEST TOOL FOR INCREASING THE LEARNING CURVE. You can learn how to play the guitar in 2 weeks or less.

Amazing. I dont even OWN a game system so im getting the PC version.

The cable/wire/analog-digital converter is worth the price of the game alone!

Completely Awesome.

Am gonna blow threw the songs pretty fast. Am getting it to PRACTICE all the scales and notes and difficult harmonics that i have been avoiding!!!!

BTW first post ever to promote anything. This game is Inspiring!

heres the skinny:

ok so i was like this is stupid, why play a game instead of real thing blahbittybooboo negative negative negative....Friend brought it over last night. He has couple months experience and a decent fender electric guitar. He knows some scales and practices picking alot..... k so he set it up, showed me the song list and am still unimpressed. He started a session and started to play along. OH MY GOD! The kid played 5 songs in a row! It sounded Great! He bought the game 2 days ago. It picks up everything harmonics! Hammer-ons,pull-offs etcetc. So then I play...the game notices im more advanced and starts throwing up all over the screen. I was lost at first with all the symbols and what was happening on the screen. 15 minutes later all good. We played for 4 hours straight. I learned 10 new songs, start to finish. We played minigames like shoot the duck, chord practice, scale practice, strum etc etc
It has an AMP mode with all kinds of pedals(which im unfamiliar with being an acoustic only guy) UNTIL NOW>wooohooo gotta goto DADDY's and get me a double cuttaway Lucille style Korean knock off cuz im cheap cya