I am looking at buying a Schecter C-1 Professional off Amazon after seeing the "Antique Amber" finish on Amazon:

http://amzn.com/B005CP089G

The only thing is I cannot seem to find any info anywhere on this specific guitar! The "C-1 Professional" is not listed on the Schecter website. It does not seem to be a C-1 Custom, or a C-1 standard. I am trying to figure out what this guitar is! And if the price is any good!

I was hoping somebody could give me some advice on this particular model. Is $700 a good price? And is this just a regular C-1 with a special finish that they're overcharging for?

Very confused, and thanks so much for any help.
Last edited by ballsaxbury at Oct 18, 2011,
The link's broken mate, most likely would be a legitimate guitar though. Couldn't imagine anybody trying to rip off or copy Schecters to be honest. Not saying they're bad or anything.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Links broken, but in any case $650-$100 is the price range of most schecters. As for the model not being on the site it usually means that they stopped production on the model, not necessarily for any bad reasons but it not being on the website usually point's to that.

Schecter C-1's usually come with:
Grover tuners
3pc Mahogany body
Mahogany neck with (ultra-access heel)
Ebony or rosewood fretboard
String Through body's (unless specified by the model)
25 1/2 length neck
push/pull pot
Pickup vary: Models are usually provided by Seymour Duncan:

If you want to know if your getting over-charged look at pickups and graphics,
but $700 is around what schecters normally go for so the price is as they say right.

But C-1 Line up is great I have a blood-moon (also stopped production) and I have zero complains about it, ended up replacing the pickups but for $700 you can't go wrong.
Last edited by BigHeadClan at Oct 18, 2011,
Quote by BigHeadClan
Links broken, but in any case $650-$100 is the price range of most schecters. As for the model not being on the site it usually means that they stopped production on the model, not necessarily for any bad reasons but it not being on the website usually point's to that.

Schecter C-1's usually come with:
Grover tuners
3pc Mahogany body
Mahogany neck with (ultra-access heel)
Ebony or rosewood fretboard
String Through body's (unless specified by the model)
25 1/2 length neck
push/pull pot
Pickup vary: Models are usually provided by Seymour Duncan:

If you want to know if your getting over-charged look at pickups and graphics,
but $700 is around what schecters normally go for so the price is as they say right.

But C-1 Line up is great I have a blood-moon (also stopped production) and I have zero complains about it, ended up replacing the pickups but for $700 you can't go wrong.

+1 To this guy.

Although, I must add my 0.02 AUD to this.

As much of a great guitar they are, you can EASILY find a greater guitar if you expand your budget a tad wider (Think $1000~). I recently got my hands on a new ESP Horizon NT-II off the bay for $1300 and this guitar dwarfs my Schecter in every way possible. My Hellraiser was quite comfortable, although there wasn't anything on it which made it so enjoyable to play that I couldn't bare to put it down. It's a great guitar none the less and sounds/feels and looks great for the price.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Link's working now. Thanks for the help. I am just a little skeptical of this because googling "C-1 Professional" yields absolutely nothing.

If anybody could take a look at the link ... don't mean to waste anybody's time, I am just trying this as my last resort to learn anything about this model before buying. Already checked Google and all other resources and can find nothing on how the "C-1 professional" is different from the regular C-1.

Thanks again in advance! And I appreciate the quick replies so far, this forum is awesome!
Quote by ballsaxbury
Link's working now. Thanks for the help. I am just a little skeptical of this because googling "C-1 Professional" yields absolutely nothing.

If anybody could take a look at the link ... don't mean to waste anybody's time, I am just trying this as my last resort to learn anything about this model before buying. Already checked Google and all other resources and can find nothing on how the "C-1 professional" is different from the regular C-1.

Thanks again in advance! And I appreciate the quick replies so far, this forum is awesome!

Looks legit man. Can't say I've ever heard of a C-1 Professional either . Has a classy vibe to it and the binding is really nice. If you're a tad unsure on the guitar I'd suggest not buying it. Something I've learned is if you're already questioning it before you purchase it, leave it be. Would have saved me a lot of money when I first started out!
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
I heard something about this some years back. From what i was told it was a failed prototype for an artists signature series that got marketed as another part of the c-1 line. Not sure how true
Jim root tele
Blue Voodoo 4x12
Why don't you try e-mailing or calling a Schecter factory or headquarters or something? They would definitely tell you if it's legit or not.
My guess is that Amazon did an exclusive model deal just live every other Schecter vendor.
Every seems solid on the link, so it should be legit and I do enjoy the C-1 series.

I have a C-1 Bloodmoon (also stopped production - almost identical to C-1 Plus) and I love the thing. True you can find guitars that surpass it for a few hundred extra, but in terms of body material/nuts/workmanship there isn't much that separate the 2 except name brand, graphics, & pickups.

I replaced the pickups in mine (stock - duncan design) which are pretty good for stock pups with a Dimarizo's D-sonic<b> and a PAF-36 Anv.<n> and the thing just sings now, I've had close to 6 different guitarists try it out and each one has called me a douche for spending less then a grand total on it and getting what I do out of it.

So if you can, try out a C-1(any super-strat body) at your local guitar shop see how you like the C-1 Series, if your worried about the pickups you can swap them out for something more to your liking. It will be cheaper and you can have the exact tone your looking for
Last edited by BigHeadClan at Oct 18, 2011,
Quote by jpnyc
My guess is that Amazon did an exclusive model deal just live every other Schecter vendor.

this
i recall reading somewhere it was an amazon exclusive...
i would still call schecter to make sure.
Thank you all - will call Schecter in morning and decide whether to buy or not. If I end up buying it, I will post lots of pictures and give it a review.
I say go for it. It's a pretty similar build and appearance to the c-1 classic which is a phenomenal axe(also went for the same price). I may be looking into buying one of these now too.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I called up Schecter and the C-1 Professional is indeed a special edition for Amazon. The person I spoke to said it's most similar to the C-1 Classic and the C-1 Hellraiser. Amazon had it on sale a couple days ago for $549, wish I had grabbed it at that price! Ah well.