Ok so right now im tryong to sell off my mesa 412. Its one of the older metal grille versions. Anyways, today I got an offer for it. One guy is offering his mesa 50 caliber+ combo plus a bit of cash on my end for the cab. What do you guys think? Good deal? The problem is that ill have to sell it off too to buy myself a proper cab. But if it has an EVM 12L, i can probably improvise with that for the time being. And right now I cant afford a new cab unless i get rid of my current on for cash
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Oct 18, 2011,
What's wrong with the cab you have now? That's a sweet cab, I love metal grille cabs.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
What's wrong with the cab you have now? That's a sweet cab, I love metal grille cabs.

Well if he's recording the metal can sometimes start vibrating and cause a noticeable rattling/buzzing sound.

If not, then I wouldn't see why he would want to sell it. Mesa cabs are "proper" cabs, I'm not sure what you would regard as a proper cab...?
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
^
Yeah, metal grillz are teh inspirings for writing teh br00tz.

Anyway, if you're going to have to sell your profit to buy a cab, there's no point. You're just being a middleman for the guy with the caliber.
Where's Waldo?
I just hate C90/black shadows for distortion tones, they sound really thin and trebly. Plus im not into 412s any more really. When i sell it Im probably going to grab a recto 2x12 because i think the bottom 2 speakers are similar to V30s and those speakers sound great (vs-12 50w)
You can take the grill off while recording....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
You can take the grill off while recording....

but thats not the problem. I just dont like the speakers, and would rather sell it for a 2x12 over replacing the speakers I dont like
Fair enough. I'd just sell straight up for cash. Try and get like 400-500 for it. Where are you located?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Fair enough. I'd just sell straight up for cash. Try and get like 400-500 for it. Where are you located?

Im trying to get 500 for it, and Im like maybe half hour away from Toronto, Ontario
Maybe look into Avatar cabs? I think they ship to Canada...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I mainly shooting for a Recto 2x12 cab when I get rid of my current one, but yea, I akready know of avatar
so Ive talked him down to 100$ + my cab for his mesa 50 caliber+ combo. (down from 500$ + my cab)

good deal? I havent heard the amp yet.