What do you prefer out of these two guitars?
Both seem really good to me.. looking into getting one of the two
Pointless thread is pointless.

What do you need to know?

Eg.
Tone for X genre.
Where's Waldo?
Seems to combine the best of both worlds if you get the Gibson Stratocaster.
Quote by Volcz
Just wondering what you guys prefer?

Prefer for what?!

I could like the Strat for blues, but think the highs are too shrill and that it lacks this and that and the other, and like the LP for rock, but think the pickups are too muddy and such, but you'll never know unless you clarify.
Where's Waldo?
This thread.

It's like asking if you prefer to ride motorbikes or drive cars, they're too completely different things. Some people like motorbikes, some like cars and some like both.

/thread
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
This thread.

It's like asking if you prefer to ride motorbikes or drive cars, they're too completely different things. Some people like motorbikes, some like cars and some like both.

/thread

So, umm, who had the first sentence of our signatures first?
Where's Waldo?
Neither, PRS SE Custom 24. Call it a day
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
Apples and oranges. Heavier muddier apples, and bluesier chankier oranges.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by chadreed32
So, umm, who had the first sentence of our signatures first?

Who joined first?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
My bad, I'll clarify. I'm not thinking, jsut had a terrible day

Anyway, for a nice clean sound with light overdrives. Not hardcore or metal. I also don't play with distortion, only sexy cleans or crisp overdrives.

The PRS was designed to be between the Strat and LP. It's more LP like but still has strat like things, and is way more versatile then a LP
GEAR
Quote by Jaredmkl
The PRS was designed to be between the Strat and LP. It's more LP like but still has strat like things, and is way more versatile then a LP

This guy.
Quote by Jaredmkl

What makes it more strat-like other than the shape?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Scale length, thinner body, tremolo...sounds closer to a strat than a Paul to me. If it didn't have humbuckers it would pretty much be a strat with interesting wood selection.
Quote by Roc8995
Scale length, thinner body, tremolo...sounds closer to a strat than a Paul to me. If it didn't have humbuckers it would pretty much be a strat with interesting wood selection.

Isn't the scale length of a PRS 25"? That would put it in between. And then there's the 3x3 headstock, carved top, binding.

I'd say a PRS is more like a Les Paul with a trem than a strat with himbuckers. But then again, it's not really like either, it's a different animal.
I don't remember the scale length, but it seemed snappy like a Fender either way. The 3x3, carved top, and binding are cosmetic so I didn't include them. I was talking sound. The neck woods are also more fender than gibson, which makes a big difference especially with the smaller body. Really the only thing Gibson-y about it to me are the pickups (sorta), set neck/headstock angle (not a huge tonal effect), and body wood (not a big slab of wood like a LP).

I do agree that they're completely different, I just happen to hear and see more Fender than Gibson DNA in them.

Also - A Les Paul with a trem, especially if it's missing a few pounds of wood, isn't a Les Paul, at least not in the traditional sense. I don't think anyone would confuse the Axcess with an R8 tonally, even without using the trem.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't remember the scale length, but it seemed snappy like a Fender either way. The 3x3, carved top, and binding are cosmetic so I didn't include them. I was talking sound. The neck woods are also more fender than gibson, which makes a big difference especially with the smaller body. Really the only thing Gibson-y about it to me are the pickups (sorta), set neck/headstock angle (not a huge tonal effect), and body wood (not a big slab of wood like a LP).

I do agree that they're completely different, I just happen to hear and see more Fender than Gibson DNA in them.

Also - A Les Paul with a trem, especially if it's missing a few pounds of wood, isn't a Les Paul, at least not in the traditional sense. I don't think anyone would confuse the Axcess with an R8 tonally, even without using the trem.

Well, I agree that it sounds more strat-like in some ways. I've always thought PRS took the beautiful design attributes of a Les Paul and playability of a strat, meshed them together, and called it his design. Of course, he did an amazing job at it.
Quote by Eppicurt
Who joined first?

Bleh. I lurked for too damn long.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by Ghold125
Seems to combine the best of both worlds if you get the Gibson Stratocaster.

http://www.myrareguitars.com/guitar-pictures/gibson-signature-jimi-hendrix-stratocaster-electric-guitar.jpg

Jimi Sig? They did it.
Quote by Volcz
My bad, I'll clarify. I'm not thinking, jsut had a terrible day

Anyway, for a nice clean sound with light overdrives. Not hardcore or metal. I also don't play with distortion, only sexy cleans or crisp overdrives.

Well then obvious Strat is obvious.

I have a MIM Strat and my buddy has an Epi LP Standard and I like both a lot. But for cleans obviously you're gonna want a nice Strat. Knowmsayin'?
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Last edited by shredibanez24 at Oct 18, 2011,
Quote by W4RP1G
I own 1 Strat and 1 Les Paul. I dont wanna pick just one.

I own 2 of each, don't wanna pick one either

who's gonna own 3?

Quote by shredibanez24
Well then obvious Strat is obvious.

I have a MIM Strat and my buddy has an Epi LP Standard and I like both a lot. But for cleans obviously you're gonna want a nice Strat. Knowmsayin'?

I have to disagre... I personally like humbuckers better for cleans and single coils better for disto
There are other guitars out there besides Fenders and Gibsons. I recommend looking at some Schecters such as Ultra IIIs or Stargazers. I think those guitars are pretty close to being in the middle while offering the good parts that you're looking for without having the downsides. It sounds like you want something chimey and jangly, but can fatten up.
ˆhe said Epiphone, not Gibson =D

and I'd take a Gib over a Shecter any day....
for the TS, I'd go with a Gretsch Electromatic, preferably a G5122 or a G5120, they are the best effing clean guitars you can get at that price!
you might have to go used however...
Last edited by Darkflame at Oct 18, 2011,
Prs Gibson like Features: Set mahogany neck, rosewood finger board (also on some strats), mahogany body, 3 per side head stock, 3 way toggle.

Strat like features: Trem, double cuttaway.

Unique features: Awesome look, bird inlays, 25" scale, with it's own unique look feel and sound. Also amazing quality, and an option you should look into
GEAR