when you stopped playing guitar altogether?
i haven't played a whole song in over 6 months.
are there times in your life when you didn't play guitar as often as you do now?
i want to play more but, between my job and my daughter, i cant find the time.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Nope.

Because I don't have spawn and my work schedule is extremely loosey-goosey.
Happens to most, I went through a period of 2 months of not playing. Just lack of inspiration to do it.
I got really sick of playing bass back in 2006 that I quit playing music altogether for over a year.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

not that I can remember
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I'm on a half-arsed hiatus right now. It's not that I'm bored or anything, I just have other stuff to do. When I feel like playing, maybe once or twice a week, I still do.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Play for your daughter. Bam, bonding and music.

she always takes the pick from me and wants to play the guitar herself. she will also throw a fit if she doesn't get to play. maybe i should get her her own?

I was recently "tentatively accepted" as the new guitarist for this American Idol finalist's band, yet he still has done nothing to get the band members together and/or given us any ideas for what he wants on the record. Since then, I've been a little disappointed and disillusioned about the whole thing, which has resulted in a slight hiatus in my daily guitaring routine.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Last edited by Carnivean at Oct 18, 2011,
Apart from stopping due to a broken hand, I had a gap of five years. I learnt from 8-10, wasn't very good at all, and picked it up again at about 15 and put the time into learning.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I stopped for two weeks now but thats only coz I got more tattoos and waiting for it to heal up
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Quote by Harvey Swick
she always takes the pick from me and wants to play the guitar herself. she will also throw a fit if she doesn't get to play. maybe i should get her her own?

How old is she? Does she know anything?? Have a jam with her???
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

I get phases where my playing just stagnates and I seem to be playing the same things or same style over and over and get bored. I usually just wait until I get inspired again
Occasionally, but not in the way you're saying.
Sometimes I'll stop my "Proper" practice and go on tangents of certain styles, like right now, I haven't done any sight-reading, transcribing, jazz practice, etc, for a few weeks, cos I've been playing nothing but Jason Mraz stuff. Though to be fair, my finger picking is benefiting from it.
Whenever I reach a breakthrough in my playing I'll play obsessively for ages and then just barely at all after a while.
happened to me with my daughter, how old is she? Mines 2 and is getting to the point where I can play some funk or indie-ish rock annd shell dance around to it or try to strum on the strings. If she's not at that kinda point yet, hang in there! Try getting back to your roots, the ones you admired when you first started. Or try expanding into a new genre that you don't listen to.
1 year old. i dont think she has the control to play yet.

Play for 8 months multiple hours per day, not play much for a couple of months, play 9 months multiple hours per day and so on. Breaks can be good... You must surround yourself with music at all times though. That way the progression never stops.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
You're a father? That's mindboggling.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
playing guitar is one of the few things that i am fairly consistent about, cause i love it so much
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
You're a father? That's mindboggling.

why??

Ahh 1 year old, cute, she will be jamming with you before you know it lol
Quote by lambofgod127

I haven't played for well over a year. No motivation for it and I've been more willing to do other things. I'm looking to get back into it but don't really know how tbh.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Harvey Swick

Yes, get her a cheap acoustic, teach her the E chord. Have a jam.
I hardly ever play. Just lack of motivation really, I don't have the determination to become that good.
I once busted my strings and couldn't afford new ones for a couple of months. Sad times.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I haven't played since last month. don't really mind though, I'll get back to in when I'm in the mood/not so busy.
cat
I have stopped learning new songs and playing the bass regularly when I started my university course.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I go through phases when I play every day, and phases when I don't really play at all. I only play guitar as a hobby nowadays, so practice isn't really an issue anymore.

EDIT: Also, I love your username for some reason, TS.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Oct 18, 2011,
I've had times where i haven't played guitar in a few weeks, sometimes because i was too busy, or i just wasn't motivated enough, but i am in a fairly good routine at the moment, and i am actually reading from a sheet for once as opposed to going half way between looking at a sheet, and resorting to tab when it is too hard.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.