Sup?

I've been a self-taught acoustic guitarist for about an year now and recently started to listen to Gn'R, Metallica, Nirvana, Papa Roach, Blink 182 etc... which made me buy an electric guitar.

About three whole months into it, I'm starting to learn that electric is a harder beast to tame than acoustic.

I just want a list of songs with solos that are easy for beginner (I mean reeaaally easy) electric guitarists to keep my morale up and keep playing electric guitar.

Thanks and any advice on the matter is very appreciated!!!!

-Pravinator
umm... nirvana and blink 182 both have songs with some very simple solos. "Smells like teen spirit" has a pretty basic solo.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I would go with some Nirvana and Blink as the other guy said. Stuff off of Blink's albums Dude Ranch and Enema of the State will be pretty easy.
+1 for Iron Man. I'm in the same boat and wanted real easy stuff to keep me from losing interest as I refine my skillzzzz. For "real easy" stuff to practice picking, I learned Ghost Riders In The Sky, Theme to Godfather (GnR version), Theme to Hawaii Five-0 (Ventures), and a few X-Mas songs. All are real simple picking only type songs that kept me interested as I trained on doing chords faster. Iron Man is a step harder, but not hard by any means.
Quote by KutoBass
Play Smoke on the Water!!!

Yeah! Who didn't learn this as one of their first songs!? Haha..

I'm kinda against recommending things like Blink. While it's good practice for rhythm etc, it has it's limitations. It's pretty much all 5th (power) chords, and doesn't really let you progress.

My top 5 songs to learn as a beginner are:

RHCP - By The Way
System of a Down - Hypnotise (intro)
Kings of Leon - California Waiting/Molly's Chambers/Four Kicks
Pulp - Disco 2000
Blink 182 - Stay Together for the Kids

Learn all the Blink and Nirvana you want.. I just don't see it as great progress.. All of the songs have something different in them. Molly's Chambers might seem like it has a tricky solo in it, but just practice it slowly, then gradually build up speed.
Muse - Supermassive Black Hole
Nirvana - Come as you are
Linkin Park - One Step Closer
Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Kyuss - Into The Void
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside
Guns 'n Roses - Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
Foo Fighters - All My Life
The only reason I wouldn't suggest iron man is that the solo gets a little fast in parts for a beginner, and TS mentioned songs with solos. But I guess it's never too early to start learning to solo and improve your finger speed.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
There's a thread in musician talk for this. This is the electric guitar forum - just instruments, not pieces.