Iv'e just bought a BC rich jr V, with a single EMG 85 on the bridge. at the moment i'm playing through a boss MT-2 and a marshall mg100dfx. I'll be buying a new professional standard amp once ive saved up enough. So my question is, with the current set up I have for now, how can I get the best sound possible? This is the first guitar i've owned with an EMG so im unfamiliar with their range and potential at the moment. Also I play death metal, so really I want a nice heavy tone but with clarity. Obviously the amp i've got limits me greatly i know, but i just want the best i can get with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
what era of death metal are you playing?
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
Well my bands writing stuff in the style of cannibal corpse, monstrosity, malevolent creation. im looking for a tone as close to the tone on cannibals wretched spawn/ kill albums.
I used to have a schecter with EMG's and I HATED them... But as I found out later, EMG's don't always sound so good through a SS amp. Or at least you don't get their full potential, blah blah blah. Something to do with the way the active preamp drives a tube amp a little harder, or some technical jargon.

Not sure what you could really do to to improve on your MG tone... especially for death metal. Maybe someone could reccomend a better distortion pedal to play through the MG's clean channel. I really have no experience with distortion pedals, so I'm not gonna be much help there either. I'm just full of useful info today, huh?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
the MT-2 really lacks any kinda of bottom end, so i would reccomend clean channel with the bass turned up, mids and highs at 5, and then EQ the MT-2 with max bottom end. When i recorded some clips with it, i was like 0_0
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
the MT-2 really lacks any kinda of bottom end, so i would reccomend clean channel with the bass turned up, mids and highs at 5, and then EQ the MT-2 with max bottom end. When i recorded some clips with it, i was like 0_0

That sounds promising. il give that a try tommorow.