i just recently bought an RGA121 and the volume pot siezed on me. I heard you can clean pots with contact cleaner, but i was just going to replace the pot. At my local music store they told me i had to special order the pot from ibanez, because they are a different size than regular pots. they said it would cost about 20 bucks, when i can just get a cts pot for like 5-8 dollars. i dont know what to do or if they are right that ibanez guitars can only use ibanez pots.
Bullshit, I have that exact guitar and i put in seymour duncan pots (for active pickups) and they were 1mm at most wider than the route in the RGA. Yes they had to be eased in, but with careful turning of the pot it files down the outside of the route for a very tightly fitted pot. Ibanez pots are crap as well, so i would replace it in anycase
Very welcome, out of interest are you doing a pickup upgrade as well? I HATED that v8 bridge pickup!
yes i am, that pickup blows! im ugrading to either a set of dimarzio evo's or dimarzio crunchlab and liquifire. I just bought some BareKnuckle Cold Sweats for my other guitar
Well the bridge pup isn't THAT bad, but I guess it's what you want for tone. I'm planning on swapping in a BKP nailbomb, warpig or painkiller in the rga121 I picked up in Sept.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Giggity, i was looking at some aftermaths. those are so awesome. Nailbombs are really great sounding too. alnico or ceramic?
I'll probably go ceramic for more output. I still have 2 guitars that are works in progress (swapping in d-activator bridge in the s470 and a bunch of stuff to the old HM Strat), so I'll wait until those are sorted out before really figuring out what to do with the rga.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
i bought some bare knuckles cold sweats, just so you know they take about 3 weeks to ship out, then the shipping part takes about a week, so about 4 weeks before you actually get you bare knuckles. i'm still waiting on mine
or you could go to radioshack, buy a 500k potentiometer, and fit the knob cover onto it and put it in your guitar. its cheaper
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1