Sup

I've been told that pedals are not friendly with modelling amps, and getting a new amp is not a choice for me..
I simply wanna be able to play songs clean and distorted depending on the part, u guys know what i mean, with this modelling amp i cannot play clean and turn on effects while playing cos it's a knob lol..

I was gonna go for a ds1 or ds2, but i read that ds1 is shit without mods an ds2 is more of the same.
Is there anything that does the job for about that price (50 dollars or less)
I wanna get the nirvana sound so thats why i was looking for ds's pedals.

Greetings
I'd get a new amp before you start buying pedals for it.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
I'd get a new amp before you start buying pedals for it.

I said in the post that a new amp is not an option for me...
do pedals sound so shit on modelling amps?
You should really just save your money. The mini 3 is a battery powered amp with a 5 inch speaker, so I highly doubt any pedal will do much to improve/change your tone.
Quote by KBJAG

On most of them...you're better off saving at least till $100 and getting an amp. Even one with an 8" is better than the mini. Don't bother with the pedal. And I personally don't like my DS1.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peavey-Vypyr-30-30w-Guitar-Amp-w-Built-Effects-/200662796440?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb86f4898

save a bit more then get this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peavey-Sanpera-Guitar-Footswitch-/120785678036?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1c1f632ed4

ebay is your friend, new amp is the way to go. Mini 3 isnt going to like pedals. Sanpera gives vypyr 12 channels. If your looking to have a hearable/good tone get a new modelling amp with a dedicated footswitch.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Just let the guy get a pedal. His budget is only $50 so not much damage is done, and as he said he can't get a new amp and he just wants to be able to switch between clean and distortion.

TS: Look at the Danelectro CoolCat Drive or Transparent Overdrive. They're great pedals and dirt cheap, especially if you look used.
Quote by KBJAG

modeling amps are designed to be self contained and are digital. most distortion pedals are analog. the amps are optimized to work with the internal fx so that all the signals match etc. when you introduce something different into the chain the amp doesn't always know how to react. this is a basic explanation and it doesn't mean that all pedals won't work. if you can try a pedal through your amp then give it a shot if not then it's a crap shoot as to whether you will get the results you wanted.
Thanks for all those suggestions.
I don't really wanna get another amp because i got this in june, and even though i'm not really happy with it, it costed me like 100 dollars.

Maybe i can trade it for a fender frontman and a pedal. It's fun to play with those effects, but they're all buzzy, and on clean i have to crank up the volume abit and it's still noisy.

I heard terrible things about marshall mg10s and fender frontmans, which are like 60 dollars, so i went for this one as it seemed like really cool with all those amp models..

About the pedal, i wanted something simple for going clean/distorted, and ds1's are well known, and they sound dirty, just like i want it to be
Try to get the best pedal you can afford at this point that way you can use it when you are ready to upgrade your amp

ds1's are good pedals
Quote by moosejr
Try to get the best pedal you can afford at this point that way you can use it when you are ready to upgrade your amp

ds1's are good pedals

No they're not.

Why do you need a pedal? Isn't the distortion on the amp good enough for now? If you really need one, I'd look used so you can get a nicer one with your budget(what is it?)
BTH you could score a DS1 for like $20 on ebay I say try you can it when you get a better amp too.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Quote by kutless999
No they're not.

Why do you need a pedal? Isn't the distortion on the amp good enough for now? If you really need one, I'd look used so you can get a nicer one with your budget(what is it?)

I want the pedal for being able to switch from clean to distorted n the other way around while playing

I'm not really friendly buying things on ebay. I've found many for like 20 dollars which is a bargain, but i'm in europe and the cheapest i've seen so far was like 35-40 euros while a new one is 48 euros, n i'll preferably get it from a shop so if it fails or something they'll surely do what they can for gettin me a replacement or something.
If you can find a used ds-1 for $20, then I'd go with that. It's not the greatest pedal, but it'll work.
Quote by kutless999
If you can find a used ds-1 for $20, then I'd go with that. It's not the greatest pedal, but it'll work.

If the pedal is mediocre as all of u guys hav been saying, is there any better pedal around the same price range?
EH big muff pi for example?
Ds-1 gets a bad rep. It's useful even without mods, but if you're amp is digital, a Big Muff might not be the way to go. Check out some digitech pedals, they might agree with a digital amp better.
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Does your amp have an aux input?
Quote by sonny bb
Ds-1 gets a bad rep. It's useful even without mods, but if you're amp is digital, a Big Muff might not be the way to go. Check out some digitech pedals, they might agree with a digital amp better.

I found digitech grunge pedal. It's slightly cheaper than the ds1 but it sounds more like a metal pedal than grunge lol.
It's only 8 euros cheaper.. so i guess ds1/ds2 is a better choice for the long run, as it'll be an ok pedal by the time i get a new amp