fermented consciousness
modern shaman!
in well-ironed clothes.

iv. meditation

one night, i saw fireflies
up in the trees. i was on acid;
the glow seemed like the vibrant skyline
of a really big city.

v. translation of the world (before dinner)

i should stop writing
and rather concentrate
on the water
about to boil.
thanks. i think ii had some good ideas myself.

Also: woo, WotW! Thanks people. This was originally written in spanish, and it was a STUDY, which might sound pretentious. I was experimenting with the origine of metaphors and mixing aesthetics of different art movements. The full title in spanish is "Estudio de coexistencia: modernismo y posmodernismo, haciendo uso indiscriminado de metáforas". Modernism and Posmodernism in hispanic literature are different from the english equivalents, you might not be familiar with them.

This was mainly inspired by the modernism of Juan José Tablada, some of Jack Kerouac's quirky 'haikus' and Fabián Casas. Tablada has a short poem that goes something like 'The moon is a spider / made out of silver / it spreads its web / in the river portraying it', I thought it was really awesome, the use of metaphors and the natural elements. It gave me a really weird, enjoyable feeling I thought would be fun messing with. That poem directly inspired part i of this.

I don't live in a forest, however; I live in a city of 20 million people, I can't remember the last time i saw a star, I tried to bring that style into a modern world, pop culture elements mixed with this mysterious aura. I tried covering different aspects of this relationship: quirky asynchronism (part iii), the material world 'coming to life' and having its own order of things (part i), loss of contact with nature [in part iv, nature reminds me of the city lights; i think it's funny how when trying to describe our world writers and poets sometimes turn to nature (ex: oh! eyes as bright as stars), I tried turning to *my* nature, which is this contemporary world or whatever], more stuff, etc. etc.

That probably didn't make much sense, but yeah. In case anyone was curious about the piece. Thanks for reading, y'all.
Can't believe I haven't noticed this. I really don't know what to call it. Funky, psychedelic, atmospheric, suburban...it definitely was a great read.
thanks, man.

for some reason, i feel my pieces turn invisible everytime i win WotW. it's like they automatically gain a big "don't comment here" sign. come on, people, i didn't pick this for WotW, more comments couldn't hurt!

I've always thought you were one of the most underrated writers here. Every time you post it's absolutely great, and this is no exception. Every time you win this I'm so glad you get the recognition you deserve.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
:] Glad this was voted.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching