Poll: how do u record?
Poll Options
View poll results: how do u record?
software?
6 100%
external?
0 0%
Voters: 6.
I got a bit of a problem that's driving me nuts with trying to get original songs recorded..I've got a stockpile of original songs compiled (none completely finished) and cannot find any good recording software or any other instruments that would help me out such as a drum machine, synth etc...I got tons of ideas that literally just pop into my head on a dime where I can hear absolutely everything and how I want it all to sound..the problem is that the recording software I have such as Sonar home studio 6, is a pain to use and understand, and I also have a boss 8 track digital recorder (BR-600) which also isn't what I was exactly looking for..I guess what I'm trying to find is a good solid drum machine or a synth like I said, to have all of these "sounds" and options available to me when I hear them in my head, to have the potential to dish out what I need and to record em down on a fairly simple platform...I feel like I need my own studio or a friends' just to spend hours and hours there 2 make my ideas come 2 life finally. I know this all might sound kinda stupid, but I'm sure there's plenty of other musicians out there struggling with the same dilemma...any advice, help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated and helpful 2 me..Thanks....\m/
0_0 search bar dude.

What style of music do you play? what "sounds" do you want? do you have a guitar? a good amp? can you get it loud enough to record where you live? Got a good pc?

reaper is really good free recording software. A really crappy sounding and limited drum machine is called Drumtrack. If you shell out about $100 you cna get a nice Drum program which will give you alot better sound.

Guitar can be done with you're current amp (if it's good), a mic and an interface. mic plus a nice interface would be about $300 ($100 SM57 and $200 interface). If you've got a bass guitar you can plug it directly in through the interface and use some amp simulations to get a passable bass sound.

that would be recording on a shoestring budget. Others will chime in with better advice, methinks.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I play rock and metal..I have acoustic and electric songs recorded on an olympus handheld recorder and also on my boss br-600, and used to on my sonar software on my pc..I have a windows vista pc, with an m-audio interface..I have a peavey xxx half stack and use a jackson guitar with it along with a digitech pedal..I also have a fender squier 4 string bass 2..a few mics also..as for the type of sounds I want is basically what I meant by that was the ones that I'll hear in my head once a catchy riff or melody etc comes to me...I was looking at sum boss and other brand name drum machines 4 pretty cheap online and was thinking about investing in one of those once I try it out at my nearest guitar center 1st...is there a link I could go 2 to download it do u know of? Thanks 4 ur advice, I really appreciate it..
I think EZ drummer is you're best bet.

I wouldn't get a drum machine, but rather a drum plugin (VST) that works with your program. This way you can program and mix you're own drums. The mic i listed in the first post work well for recording metal/rock guitar.

As far as "sounds" (how am i supposed to know what you hear in you're head? lol) I would checkout sonik synth 2. It's a synth sample library and has a good amount of samples, most sound pretty good. just google it and you'll see what i mean.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
lol yeah I know its confusing about what I said that I "hear" in my head, sorry bout that bit of miscommunication lol...I'll google the ez drummer and the sonik synth 2 right now and see what u mean..again thanks 4 the help \m/
I'm kind of old fashion but I use a laptop for demos and pen and paper for arrangements, instrumentation etc.