I've been using a Line 6 Spider III 30 watts for quite a while, but I'm really not satisfied with the sound and the effects, so I'm thinking of buying a new one.

I've been looking for new amps that are not too expensive (around 200 to 300 euros), and what seemed fine are the Fender Frontman 212 R , a Fame SP200H + Fame GN212 Cab or a Fame T 64 RS Black, 60 W. Top + 4x8"Box Mini Halfstack

I think I prefer the Fender one, but I'm not sure if there are any other amps that are better. Also, people say that Fender doesn't sound great with distortion/fuzz pedals, is this true?

I use a Fender Strat, and an Epiphone Les Paul, and I'm willing to play music like Queens Of The Stone Age, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, but also Pink Floyd.

And I also think of buying pedals such as the DS-1, the Big Muff Pi, an analog delay and a chorus effect. Is buying a ME-70 a better solution? Or do those have a much worse quality than stompbox pedals?
I think that the Frontman is quite horrible.. I would spend more on an amplifier and then get some good multi-fx. However, I don't really know what kind of an amplifier you should get to achieve those tones.. At least affordable one.. Well, I think Fender Blues Jr. could be great.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

yeah TS, i wouldn't really consider any of that as 'upgrades' more as 'lateral moves'. i'd look for a cool used local amp instead of anything you posted.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Out of those 3 I'd say go with second one (although it won't quite do what you're looking for without a pedal). I don't know anything about Fame amps but this one seems like it might also work for you Fame VS30
that VS30 looks good.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Thanks so far, what do you guys think of the Fender Super Champ XD?
I'm not sure bout your amp situation but, for a pedal I'd suggest looking for a used boss me50. They sound way better than the me70 (and the other mfx's in that range)imo and you can get a used one for the cost of a decent single pedal. And remember, 5w of tube will be as loud as your 30w ss amp and they're making more and more budget tube amps
what do you guys think of the Bugera V22, i've read great reviews of it.
how does it deal with the big muff pi?
does it beat the Vox AC-15VR and the Laney Cub 12R?
is it loud enough to jam with an average drummer?
Last edited by Indri at Oct 20, 2011,