Here is a new progressive metal tune i wrote, enjoy!
http://soundcloud.com/kjartan-thorkildsen/carpal-tunnel-syndrome

Please give constructive feedback!
Last edited by Usernames sucks at Dec 1, 2011,
Quote by Old Long Arms
What did u use to make this? I usually hate the sound of midi type sounds in music, but for some reason it works in metal music, it must be the speed of the music. The quick single note part at 1:17 is great, love those 32nd notes.

check my chune if you get a chance:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488992

Well its not that fast (around 117 bpm).
I loved your dune, nice folk playing!
I use GP6 that uses real note recordings(rse) rather than midi, so i get a ok quality.
This belongs in the "Tabs and Chords" section, since you're not actually playing any of the instruments

Would love to hear a real version of this, though. It sounds pretty cool!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
This belongs in the "Tabs and Chords" section, since you're not actually playing any of the instruments

Would love to hear a real version of this, though. It sounds pretty cool!

Well i composed it all, so wouldnt that count?
I mean, if i had money to buy good recording equipment, it would sound much the same, so what is the big diffrence? The purpose here is to share composing ideas, not recording tecniuqes.
Hi, thanks for your crit!
Well, I've listened to your composition (twice), and I've found it very promising: there were many very interesting ideas in it, good melodies, and I've especially liked all these acoustic passages with a more hushed vibe contrasting with the rest of the track. I don't think this song even needs vocals, as the riffs themselves make already the song worthwhile, so... I would just say congratulations!
All of my awful stuff can be heard here or there .
Quote by Hexagigadeth
Hi, thanks for your crit!
Well, I've listened to your composition (twice), and I've found it very promising: there were many very interesting ideas in it, good melodies, and I've especially liked all these acoustic passages with a more hushed vibe contrasting with the rest of the track. I don't think this song even needs vocals, as the riffs themselves make already the song worthwhile, so... I would just say congratulations!

Thank you mate!
I really dug the section that starts at 1:50, though really the whole song was pretty killer. Lots of movement, dynamics, and great melody. +1 for leaving out vocals, although if you got the right person, it could be fantastic. You should most definitely get this recorded with at least some real guitar! And if you do, let me know.

P.S. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490473
thank for your comment on my post

here is something in return

it awesome composing mario metal like this(read you comments on sound cloud)
but you know its MIDI and everyone would agree with me that it sounds so perfect
practice on making it more human listen what would a human do and what can he do?
Thanks for the crit on mine. It was actually just a 6-string in standard tuning.

Anyway on to yours;

The composition is very good. I'd like to hear it fully recorded so it can show it's full potential. I agree with some people who could hear a Mario influence sometimes (this is a good thing of course). I like the part starting around 2mins, has a nice rhythm to it. A lot of really cool and memorable melodies in this and the 2 guitars fit together well. It's also well structured and although it has a lot of different sections, they flow together nicely. I like how it finishes on that cool melody again.
Overall, that's excellent work. Very ambitious and original but you pulled it off, that's what I like to see
Lol BPM = 117.9

It would be easier to give feedback if I had a guitar pro file...

There's a lot going on (PROG) but you manage to transition between themes quite well. I would definitely use some more syncopation, as most of this is either straight 16th or 8th notes. It gives it a certain quality in this case (meaning don't change it at all) but for future songs try to step away from that.

I don't get the whole mario metal comparison that other people are using, oddly enough.
Quote by hildesaw
I really dug the section that starts at 1:50, though really the whole song was pretty killer. Lots of movement, dynamics, and great melody. +1 for leaving out vocals, although if you got the right person, it could be fantastic. You should most definitely get this recorded with at least some real guitar! And if you do, let me know.

P.S. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490473

Thanks mate!
I really dug the intro, it reminded me of home by dream theater! When the heavy section kicked in, this song really start to rock. The lead at the end fitted very well! I would love to hear a full version of this!