Is there anything specific done to make all your builds so f*cking awesome? Every single one has been just amazing.

And, is that upper strap peg gonna snap off the top horn? I really don't want to seem like there's any doubt in you, but it just seems like it gets too thin to rely on that horn to hold up the whole guitar.
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Oct 18, 2011,
Dat body. Nice finish too

I almost thought it was a 6 string bass haha, maybe I just don't see many guitars like this. But yes, that body will definitely grab some attention. I see it's already done.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Very nice build! I must admit, I'm not much of a fan of the shape, that is some impressive work getting it that smooth and even. Well done.

How do you like the Zero Fret?
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
um...im sorry but I really dont like the shape one bit...but i guess im just one guy.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
^ There's more than enough wood to hold up two guitars there.

And what the hell is this thread? Just pictures, not one bit of text.

Awesome guitar nonetheless.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by Wisthekiller
Is there anything specific done to make all your builds so f*cking awesome? Every single one has been just amazing.

And, is that upper strap peg gonna snap off the top horn? I really don't want to seem like there's any doubt in you, but it just seems like it gets too thin to rely on that horn to hold up the whole guitar.

Man, thanks

I know it looks like a cause of concern for some, but the upper horn is solid. There's still wood at least 1-1.25" round at its most narrow point. We've made a pretty good amount of these - it's probably our 2nd or 3rd most popular model - and have yet to encounter any issues. I'm sure you could break the horn with some mistreatment (as with most guitars), but not with regular wear and tear.

Quote by technoguyx
Dat body. Nice finish too

I almost thought it was a 6 string bass haha, maybe I just don't see many guitars like this. But yes, that body will definitely grab some attention. I see it's already done.

Good eye! The scale length actually is a little longer (26") than standard in order to accommodate drop tunings.

Quote by Joeval
Very nice build! I must admit, I'm not much of a fan of the shape, that is some impressive work getting it that smooth and even. Well done.

How do you like the Zero Fret?

Thanks! I like zero frets a lot because they provide tonal consistency between open and fretted notes.

Quote by chadreed32
^ There's more than enough wood to hold up two guitars there.

And what the hell is this thread? Just pictures, not one bit of text.

Awesome guitar nonetheless.

Haha sorry (a picture's worth a thousand words?), some info:

Mahogany body and neck-through
24 Fret Bloodwood Fretboard (Dunlop 6105 fretwire)
Bloodwood headstock logo
Satin Black Nitrocellulose finish
Bare Knuckle humbucker
One volume Knob
TonePros Tune-o-matic Bridge & Stop Tailpiece
Gotoh tuners
Last edited by Becker Guitars at Oct 18, 2011,
Quote by Wisthekiller
If you don't mind me asking, how do you get that logo on with wood? (if it's a secret, no need in answering!)

Actually, the whole headstock veneer is bloodwood. After doing it as such, we decided we wanted to paint it black to match the rest of the instrument. In order to keep the background logo natural, we masked off a circle where the logo was to be during the color coats. The "B" logo is routed out and filled with an ebony dust and glue paste.

If the headstock didn't have a veneer, that is, if the whole headstock had been mahogany, it would still be possible to produce a logo like this. You would have to drill or route out the circle, inlay it with a circular bloodwood piece, and route the "B" and fill from there.
Quote by Becker Guitars
Mahogany body and neck-through
24 Fret Bloodwood Fretboard (Dunlop 6105 fretwire)
Bloodwood headstock logo
Satin Black Nitrocellulose finish
Bare Knuckle humbucker
One volume Knob
TonePros Tune-o-matic Bridge & Stop Tailpiece
Gotoh tuners

Definitely a well spec'd out instrument, but what pickup did you choose?
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32

It was the customer's pick, I don't remember the specific model but I'll try to go back and find out.
Dat bloodwood.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by chadreed32

Sorry for the delay, I was just thinking about this guitar today and remembered you'd asked about the pickup. It's a BG Aftermath. We've never used BGs before, but it's a nice hot pickup:

BG Aftermath
Nice build, very sharp looking craftsmanship, and very interesting shape. Nice job making something different. That being said, I don't dig the shape at all, but my tastes are a bit traditional (Strats, LP's, SG's, etc...) But that takes nothing away from it being beautifully done!
Yip a nice build....................not my kinda shape but I applaude quality work when i see it. Great paint job also.........well done.

Sharp tools to ya.