Dont you absolutely hate it when you are just a tad late on an amazing deal. Every once in a while something on Craigslist goes for so cheap and I somehow miss it. This happened to me recently. I have been looking for a MM sterling for the last 3 months and I saw that one was selling w the case in good condition for $550 . I called him up and he told me he sold it yesterday. FML. I know this thread is pointless I was just hoping to hear from someone else about them missing out in hopes of making me feel better
:/ Agreed

I recently found a LEFT HANDED 7 STRING Omen-7 - Schecter on Gum Tree for a casual £200! It was only a one hour trip to its location.
Rang the guy up and turns out he sold it a few hours before...

Fml!

I have been looking for a decent priced Left Handed 7 String Guitar in the UK for quite some time to play some of Per Nilsson's extremely good guitar work in the Scar Symmetry songs :/
Stupid question: What's FML? and while we're at it. What's IIRC?

I know these will probably be painfully obvious but I just don't know these.
Fml = **** my Life
IIRC = If i Remember Correctly (It can also be If i Recall Correctly)

You gotta learn somewhere
Quote by michaelsemps
:/ Agreed

I recently found a LEFT HANDED 7 STRING Omen-7 - Schecter on Gum Tree for a casual £200! It was only a one hour trip to its location.
Rang the guy up and turns out he sold it a few hours before...

Fml!

I have been looking for a decent priced Left Handed 7 String Guitar in the UK for quite some time to play some of Per Nilsson's extremely good guitar work in the Scar Symmetry songs :/

I know that must be a good deal because not only are guitars more expensive in the UK but for some reason there arent very many lefties not to mention a 7 string.
I've missed out on an MM SUB for $300, a Peavey G Bass (with a practice amp) for like $400-ish, various German Warwick 'Vettes for $700 or less, and a few other good deals on MIJ Fenders and Squiers.

It sucks sifting through craigslist when you don't have any money.

EDIT: Right now there's a black EBMM Sterling with a maple board and matching headstock for $800. Chalk that up to the list.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Oct 18, 2011,
It's even worse when you DO see a great deal in time, but still can't afford it.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by Din of Win
It's even worse when you DO see a great deal in time, but still can't afford it.

so much this
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
yep. A local pawn shop had an Ed Roman Quicksilver guitar for $550 ($2000ish new) in perfect condition. I put a deposit of $100 on it and the Pawnshop sold it 2 weeks later for $1100. They had not known what they had, and the owners friend saw it and told him what they are really worth new. So he sold it to the guys friend. I know this happened because a kid that works there told me when I went in to put another $100 on it. The owner told me it was sold by mistake and he was very sorry. BS!!!!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I saw a MIM Fender Telecaster being sold with EMGs and the original pickups included too for £150 which is a good £100/150 less than the other lower priced Fender Teles I've seen. It was listed a few days ago. I sent an email just in case but it's probably long gone by now. I usually check that site pretty regularly too.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Last edited by GAPendragon at Oct 19, 2011,
Right now austins vintage gear or "**OMG 1989 vintage**" are flooding the market with hyped up garbage, and everything else is rising as well except a few scattered deals, but right now I'm just trading and surfing for free gear. I have to say I love the garage rock revival, and blues stuff, but it's creating too much stir over crappy equipment, a battered harmony from 1967 is not worth $350 I'm sorry it was probably $75 counting inflation when they bought it.

Recently I saw an ovation magnum go for $250 but the guy bumped it to $500 after checking Ebay or something was gay... Oh and last spring silverface bassman's were like $250 a piece, and I found a recapped one for $200, and I was going to meet the guy at 3pm at 12pm he calls me to say can I come over now, and I was at work so he sold it.... But I got a classic 30 and I'm happy
same thing here but on the other side of the sale.
as soon as i sell something, before i can edit or delete my ad, ill get 2-3 emails about people wanting it
if i did have all my gear in my sig, id have to change it weekly

"I tried to talk to you and you just kept playing"
"Well why didn't you pull out your boobies?"
"You were busy, I didn't think that would matter."
"Boobies always matter, always."
I usually snap things up if it's THAT great of a deal. I own a few things I could easily make 80-100% profit on if I decide to sell so that's how I justify it.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB