I've looked up plenty of demos, and they definitely do not disappoint, but does anybody who owns this amp know if it could handle Death metal with Drop A tuning?

Thanks.
Currently Using:

Washburn X-Series w/ SH-8 and Pearly Gates
Peavey Vypyr 120h
Peavey Valveking 412 Slant
ISP Decimator
Ernie Ball .12-.56

Quote by CannedBullets
get to Wisconsin, do a S.E.A.L Team 6 style raid on her dwelling with a few other guys, show no mercy
I've never tried, but I played using drop C tuning and I didn't have any problem with it
You play drop A using .11 - .48 strings? Doesn't matter whta amp you get man, gonna sound like floppy ass. I use .11 - .52 and I only play in drop C#.

To get a half decent tone using that sort of tuning you need to start by using WAY heavier strings, and have a pickup in your guitar designed for that sort of sound. Something high output with a ceramic magnet, check out DiMarzio and SD, they've got some good ones.

Once you've got the guitar end of business sorted, then the Randall will deliver you a nice metal tone no doubt. Not the most versatile of amps but if you're playing death metal in drop A I'm assuming that's not of huge concern. But if you've got a guitar with light strings and an average pickup tuned that low, you can run it through anything you want and it will still sound horrible.

Not having a go at you man, just don't want you to spend all that coin on the amp and then wonder why everything still sounds as dodgy as your old practice amp.
I have the 50, it sounds awesome drop tuned, better in my opinion than standard, the tone is a little bit more smooth. I'm actually selling mine because I play in standard so often now and it doesn't sound as good
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by Weybl Himself
You play drop A using .11 - .48 strings? Doesn't matter whta amp you get man, gonna sound like floppy ass. I use .11 - .52 and I only play in drop C#.

I use 12-60 now.

EDIT: And use Duncan sh-6 pickups
Currently Using:

Washburn X-Series w/ SH-8 and Pearly Gates
Peavey Vypyr 120h
Peavey Valveking 412 Slant
ISP Decimator
Ernie Ball .12-.56

Quote by CannedBullets
get to Wisconsin, do a S.E.A.L Team 6 style raid on her dwelling with a few other guys, show no mercy
Last edited by AgileGhost at Oct 18, 2011,
Quote by AgileGhost
I use 12-60 now.

EDIT: And use Duncan sh-6 pickups

Ahh I see. Problem solved haha.

I looked up this amp and I remember having a bash on one a little while ago (didn't take much not of the model name at the time), I used to play in a hardcore band so was looking for heavier tones. It's definitely solid, and Randalls reliability is fairly well documented so you wouldn't have to worry about it clapping out on you.

Tone-wise, it did heavy tones pretty solidly, which is what you'd expect from a Randall, but it does try to be a bit of a jack of all trades. The result I found was that it was a bit lacking. You'd have no problem getting a really good tone out of it, but to be honest, for seriously heavy metal tones, i was more impressed by the T2 and V2. I know they're hybrid amps and eveyone will get on the tube bandwagon. but they are undeniably great amps for playing really heavy metal. The solid state power amp section keeps your bottom end nice and tight which is very useful if you're playing in dropped tunings, and more gain than you'll ever know what to do with. I would recommend at least checking the T2 and V2 out before comitting to the RT100h.