Hey guys i'm looking for some new string types for both my acoustic and electric. The first is my Epi Sg with upgraded pickups. I previously used Ernie Balls and Dean Markleys on them but i want something less bright due to the new pickups. And the same goes for my Acoustic which i find to bright as well. I was thinking D' Addario maybe to try out something with a more rounded and whole tone with a better life expectancy than Ernie Balls (rust practically on the 3rd day lol.) Thanks guys. Whats your recommendation? What do you use? What do you wanna try?
Dadarios are great imo.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I've been playing D'addarios for the past four years, and I'm in love with them.
EDIT: Anyways, isn't string preference all subjective anyways?
I think you should just buy a few new packs of strings and play around with different brands until you find something that stands out to you.
My two cents.
Last edited by TheDefected at Oct 18, 2011,
i use ernie ball, i am not unhappy with them.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I've been playing DR's for the last few years. My favorites are Dimebags and Neons. neons have a duller tone, but the coating wears after a few days of heavy playing, but last several weeks after the coating is gone.
D'Addario , my favs ever and they have strings for every taste you'll have. I have tried GHS, Blue Steel from Dean Markley (nice sound but won't last), Fender, Ernie Ball, Elixir (these are good too), Dunlop (worst ever) but D'Addario's lasts me big time and I just love how they sound, I sweat a lot and I change strings after 2 weeks, not the same with other brands (1 week or something) except for elixirs, those last way more but I'm not big fan of how they sound.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
i use d'addarios because i have good luck with d'addarios.

you might not.

its really one of those things where you gotta try different strings until you find something that works for you. some people have issues with every brand because there are all kinds of varibles. people who have sweaty fingers will tend to rust one brand but not another, or its just prefences.

so if i were you try different brands until you find the brand works best for you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've been using D'Addario strings for close to 30 years.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've used D'addario's, then switched to Ernies and now Elixirs. Of the three, I find the Elixirs to be the best.
I went from Elixirs, to Dunlop, to Ernie Ball and now D'Addario.

It's a process, pick one and try them we can't tell you what to like
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I have been using Ernie Balls since the early 80's.
They work for me.
That said, when I went to the local music store for some new strings, they were out of Ernie Balls.
So I bought some D'Addario's. No problems so far.

On my classical (nylon string), I have always used Martin strings.
I played D'Addarios XL and liked them, tried the GHS Dave Gilmour Boomers liked them more (but they were coated I think) and then tried ElectroHarmonix and surprisingly were the longest lasting and liked their feel as well. I still have a lot of different brands to tryout; speaking of which, just about to try the Half rounds by D'Addario very soon.

When it comes to strings, it is more or less 'to each their own'. But things like durability can be vouched for by different players.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
oh no, not one of these stupid threads again..

everybody has their own opinions on strings, and so should you by trying new ones until you find your favorite
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard