Anyone notice the rocksmith banner advertisment on the homepage?!? It had a monkey playing guitar saying "anyone can play guitar"... stuff like this makes me mad, people that play guitar should naturally want to play it and shouldnt need a game to make it fun! Plus "anyone" can play guitar, but about 2.494743987% can play good and im pretty damn sure a monkey cant play a stupid game let alone a real guitar
Give infinite monkeys a type writer each and they'll recreate the works of Shakespeare. Plus, I beat you to the thread earlier.
Anyone can play guitar... If they try... They can play good if they practice. Being a guitarist isn't an amazing, secret, awesome little group that nobody else can join you know.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Anyone can play guitar... If they try... They can play good if they practice. Being a guitarist isn't an amazing, secret, awesome little group that nobody else can join you know.

This. Everyone I know who isn't as good as me at guitar is either lazy, dumb, or a beginner. I haven't met anyone who practices efficiently, and practices often, who isn't at least decent.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Anyone can "play" guitar. It takes a special musician to really play it.

And thus is my new sig.
Quote by Trowzaa

agreed, playing guitar is basically like learning a sport or studying a class. the more you do it, the better you get. results may differ, though, depending on your coordination.
Why in the fark would you wanna learn how to play guitar via a video game, I used to laugh at people at work who would be like oh I just hit the hard levels in guitar hero. Plug in, sit down, shut up and strum! Its like the people that play piano with the color sheets, is it really that hard?
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
I did not see it because I have a certain plug-in that blocks ads...
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Im all for guitar hero since it encourages kids to learn guitar after getting a taste for it in the game but this is taking things to far, kids are gonna just play this instead of learning real guitar
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by ne14t
Why in the fark would you wanna learn how to play guitar via a video game, I used to laugh at people at work who would be like oh I just hit the hard levels in guitar hero. Plug in, sit down, shut up and strum! Its like the people that play piano with the color sheets, is it really that hard?

What's so bad about playing with colour sheets? Some people may find it easier to pick out certain notes when starting out.
That's like complaining about someone using tab instead of sheet music, they're just different ways of learning.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Oh god dammit, this will encourage more people to pick up the guitar and play some music. Doesn't it make you happy that more musicians will emerge due to this video game? Some people are fucking hipsters.
but i dont see why someone would need a video game to want to play guitar, if you truly want to play then playing guitar "the old fasion way" should be fun bye itself
Quote by NewYngwie
im pretty damn sure a monkey cant play a stupid game let alone a real guitar

Figured this out all by yourself, did you?
Check out my band Disturbed
Somebody is butt hurt.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'm not complaining. The only reason I picked up a guitar in the first place is because of Guitar Hero.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
everyone needs something to get into guitar, for me it was my friends.
if they had never played I probably wouldn't have started and the funny thing is they've given up while I still practice and pursue music relentlessly.

at the end of the day, why care about it at all?
Rocksmith seems like a cool idea. so quit bitching.
Quote by arsonite
I flash my ridiculously white teeth at you in contempt Sir!

Quote by son_of_bodom

OT: variety is the spice of life, my genitals don't discriminate on the basis of religion.
meh it probly wont even be a big hit cause of all the huge budget games coming out around the same date
Quote by Spud Spudly
Anyone can play guitar like a monkey.

yes...but only a monkey can play guitar like anyone
I for one dig the game. It's great way for some people to get started on a guitar who may never have thought about it. I find it easier to learn something when I have a great way to relate what I'm learning to something I already know.

Cool idea. I may try it out later on once the price goes down.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Quote by NewYngwie
but i dont see why someone would need a video game to want to play guitar, if you truly want to play then playing guitar "the old fasion way" should be fun bye itself

If everyone wanted to go the old fashion way we would still live in a cave. Technology moves on, move with it or get left behind.
Quote by ne14t

you know what i hate even more when people look up tutorials son youtube...
Playing instruments is over rated, I've had over 50,000 song downloads, without playing a single real instrument in any of my songs

Also anyone who can endure the boringness of learning guitar can play it, don't pretend it wasn't a chore, and you had to push yourself until you learned a few riffs and it started being fun. I think the videogame's a decent Idea.
Quote by stratkat
Playing instruments is over rated, I've had over 50,000 song downloads, without playing a single real instrument in any of my songs

Also anyone who can endure the boringness of learning guitar can play it, don't pretend it wasn't a chore, and you had to push yourself until you learned a few riffs and it started being fun. I think the videogame's a decent Idea.

No no no, you don't get it: If he realizes anyone can play guitar, he won't be cool anymore.
Playing guitar doesn't make you special, stop complaining you ponce.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau