Uhm.. I'm trying to learn Washington is Next, the intro is full of pull of in high e, what happens is i pull it right off the fretboard.. even if i try to exert less effort.. and when i exert really less it sounds very weak. ahhhhg. heeelp.
you have to play it as if you were tapping exept with your left hand, insead of pulling it of hit hard and release quickly

EDIT: i was thinking of a different tequnique, just practise, itll come.
Last edited by itamar100 at Oct 18, 2011,
They call it a pull-off for a reason, not a lift-off. It's done by more of a flick than a straight hammer then lift. Youtube or Google it and practice.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
It could be shitty pickups/crap guitar.

When I upgraded from my 200$ guitar to my 1000$ one, everything was much better.

Of course you also need proper technique you need. It's sort of a flicking action, but I'd honestly have to show you IRL than spend 1000 words describing the proper motion.
It's spelled wiener.
take it at a slow tempo. At a slow tempo you can control your finger.

Focus on playing it clean and relaxed first.

By doing this you will get your hands used to the correct motion. Speed will come.

Take my free ebook and read the chapter about muscle memory
apajr, it's not speed. i have trouble with execution itself. i don't understand it.
Quote by cdr_salamander
They call it a pull-off for a reason, not a lift-off. It's done by more of a flick than a straight hammer then lift. Youtube or Google it and practice.
youtube, nice suggestion dat i didnt think of haha thaanks.
Quote by luxeion
apajr, it's not speed. i have trouble with execution itself. i don't understand it.

Yeah, the movement is very subtle. Have you tried using all the fingers (apart from the pinky)? You may find that you can do it with another finger.

If you slow it right down, then you should see that the top e string is being pulled downwards. It only has to move a small amount before it reaches the edge of the neck.

Do it slowly making sure that there is no down movement of the string. Justin sandercoe says it's actually more of a flick off than a pull off.
"Justin sandercoe says it's actually more of a flick off than a pull off."

ha... mcd, I think I watched that vid last night. Finger gym or something. Im shooting for 15 mins a day. Seems managable
he of tranquil mind