Ok, so i've been looking for a new guitar but haven't had much luck so i figured i might as well look for some help here.

-i've been playing guitar for a little over two years, mostly on electric.

-i play mostly grunge, thrash metal, and classic rock. usually in standard tuning (or some variation)

-my current amp is a line 6 spider 150 watt, which is what i'll be running this guitar through, and my main guitar is a harmony flying v, from the seventies, and i don't know much about it.

-some of the things i'm looking for on the guitar is a thick neck, a bridge similer to that of a les paul(solid back?), mixed pick ups, and a simple looking body.

-i have a budget of $400

thanks for any help, sorry if any thing described is confusing i don't know a lot about guitar parts.
I'd look into Ibanez as well. Especially the S series, if they still make it. It's one of their non-shred guitar lines.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
^to slash fanboy^

i seen some cheap ones at long and mcquades, but i didn't get to try them. how are the cleans?
Last edited by KjaK at Oct 18, 2011,
^to kaptkegan^
i don't mean to be picky, but i really want a guitar with a hardtail bridge
LP and SG cleans are pretty good. It's not strat-chimey awesomeness but it doesn't crunch up if you set the gain low. Its pretty thick too. I'd say go for an LP mainly because they're easier to find, more options, you can get one new (if you wanna go used look into a PRS singlecut), and they look cool
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
^to JKHC^
i looked at some photo's of the single cut online, it looks pretty cool but a couldn't find a price. how much do you think a used one would cost?
^Wisthekiller^
I still reget buying that amp, i use my 10 watt ibanez begginer amp when ever i can, but it just ain't loud enough to use when jamming with other people. I'm looking at getting a new guitar because my flying V is getting to beat up to play and my only other electric is an 81' strat, which is almost as worn as my flying V
Quote by KjaK
^to JKHC^
i looked at some photo's of the single cut online, it looks pretty cool but a couldn't find a price. how much do you think a used one would cost?

I hope you looked at the SE version (forgot to edit that that into post) unless you're looking to spend 2k on one.

The SE singlecut its 600 new so you should be able to find a used one between $300 and $450. Somewhere in that range. Try them out first and compare them to the epis. An agile might be good but you can't really try them unless you get a used one.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by KjaK
^Wisthekiller^
I still reget buying that amp, i use my 10 watt ibanez begginer amp when ever i can, but it just ain't loud enough to use when jamming with other people. I'm looking at getting a new guitar because my flying V is getting to beat up to play and my only other electric is an 81' strat, which is almost as worn as my flying V

What kind of strat?
If you are looking for a casual guitar, and if you play grunge and thrash rock, then an Ibanez RG321MH would be a good choice for you. Flawless fret leveling with top-quality handcrafted finish. When I tested one of the variants on the market, my hands flew on it.