Authorities are actively searching for "wild and exotic animals" after the owner of the Muskingum County farm from which they escaped was found dead Tuesday evening.

Deputies were called to a home on Kopchak Road after a report of escaped wild animals, including cougars, tigers, lions, cheetahs and grizzly bears at about 7:20 p.m.

As a result, Zanesville, West Muskingum, Foxfire Community and Maysville schools are closed for Wednesday.

Terry Thompson, the owner of the private farm, was found dead. Officials did not elaborate on how he died.

The sheriff said deputies shot up to 25 animals on the way to the home to check on the owner, but that there could be up to 48 animals still on the loose. Deputies said the animals' cages were found open.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/oct/18/34/lions-tiger-and-bear-loose-muskingum-county-ar-792445/

Shit just got real. Discuss.

Edited for lazy kids.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Last edited by suckmahnuts at Oct 19, 2011,
You couldn't even copy at least some part of the article so that I don't have to click the link?
As funny as I want this to be, killing these animals is not that funny.

But the guy who was keeping them was an idiot to do so. I wonder why they won't say how he died? Was it a gruesome mauling or maybe is the rumor that the ALF is involved true?
That's actually happening in my hometown. I kind of knew the guy, he was a friend of my grandpa's a while back and my grandpa and dad used to buy some car parts from him. He had some screws loose for sure, but generally was proud of and cared for his animals. I think his property was a licensed animal rescue, which is getting lost in the chaos.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the guy was a Vietnam vet and had some issues mentally. I know he had some issues with law enforcement. They had recently seized over 100 illegal weapons from his home if I'm not mistaken.

As for shooting the animals.. I highly doubt they have the amount of tranquilizers they need to do a proper rescue of all animals. I believe most of the animals that were shot were killed when they were checking on Thompson, who ended up being dead - I'm pretty sure it was a suicide, but I don't think it's been confirmed.

tl;dr - I knew the guy and he was kind of crazy, pretty sure he committed suicide after opening the cages. And I'm not surprised at all based on what I know of him/the experiences I have had with him.

EDIT: One example of this guy.. I used to work in a music store in Zanesville and Thompson came in with a baby tiger. The baby tiger was still as big as a large dog. It was the worst thing I've ever smelled and it charged at me through the piano isle. Scared the shit out of me. IT BASICALLY HAD RAPTOR TALONS
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Last edited by 3074326 at Oct 19, 2011,
Quote by iwannabesedated

That literally made me laugh out loud.

You make my ego happy.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
No, I saw this on the news and thought it was interesting. Thought I'd share. Of course I'm hoping it's resolved with the least number of animals dead, but the police have to do what's best for public safety.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by 3074326
That's actually happening in my hometown. I kind of knew the guy, he was a friend of my grandpa's a while back and my grandpa and dad used to buy some car parts from him. He had some screws loose for sure, but generally was proud of and cared for his animals. I think his property was a licensed animal rescue, which is getting lost in the chaos.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the guy was a Vietnam vet and had some issues mentally. I know he had some issues with law enforcement. They had recently seized over 100 illegal weapons from his home if I'm not mistaken.

As for shooting the animals.. I highly doubt they have the amount of tranquilizers they need to do a proper rescue of all animals. I believe most of the animals that were shot were killed when they were checking on Thompson, who ended up being dead - I'm pretty sure it was a suicide, but I don't think it's been confirmed.

tl;dr - I knew the guy and he was kind of crazy, pretty sure he committed suicide after opening the cages. And I'm not surprised at all based on what I know of him/the experiences I have had with him.

EDIT: One example of this guy.. I used to work in a music store in Zanesville and Thompson came in with a baby tiger. The baby tiger was still as big as a large dog. It was the worst thing I've ever smelled and it charged at me through the piano isle. Scared the shit out of me. IT BASICALLY HAD RAPTOR TALONS

The police may not have the tranquilizers, but the Columbus Zoo and The Wilds will.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by suckmahnuts
The police may not have the tranquilizers, but the Columbus Zoo and The Wilds will.

Yes, but The Wilds is still a good 45 minutes away from where this is happening, at least. Same with the Zoo, but it's even further away. I'm sure they have the tranquilizers now. But not when they needed them the most, when officers were in the most danger.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by 3074326
Yes, but The Wilds is still a good 45 minutes away from where this is happening, at least. Same with the Zoo, but it's even further away. I'm sure they have the tranquilizers now. But not when they needed them the most, when officers were in the most danger.

True. I'm not from Ohio, but I'm attending Miami and don't really know the state very well. Oddly enough, I'm a Zoology major and supposed to be going to The Wilds this weekend for a trip with the Zoology club. I wonder if this whole thing will be done by then
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by suckmahnuts
True. I'm not from Ohio, but I'm attending Miami and don't really know the state very well. Oddly enough, I'm a Zoology major and supposed to be going to The Wilds this weekend for a trip with the Zoology club. I wonder if this whole thing will be done by then

Have fun, that place is awesome. I'd be surprised if they can find everything before the weekend. Lots of places for animals to hide in that area. Lots of heavily-wooded areas around Zanesville, especially where this is happening.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by 3074326

im from zanesville as well (sort of) and ive met the guy before too. what i'd heard is that he'd just gotten out of prison and discovered that his wife was cheating on him. this is just from rumors around town really. i dont even live in the country anymore so i dont know exactly whats going on.
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
it could have been worse. he could have had Cape buffaloes and black rhinos.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Meh, America is filled with rabid animals anyway. The only difference is that the human ones are called "citizen".
Wow! THat's pretty crazy. To bad they had to shoot some of them. It was the only thing they could do though.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by 3074326

I've been hearing about this all day. I heard that police and the state were putting lots of pressure on him for 'mistreating' the animals. Not sure in what forms exactly. So he decided to kill himself and set them free.

Yeah it sucks that all the animals had to be shot and killed but in a situation as rare and strange as this there's a lot of trouble and panic when dangerous animals are on the loose
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012