I'm trying to buy american fender strats. I want to buy one for as cheap as possible. what's a reasonable price for it? i found a year 2000 american strat for 600.

is it a good deal if the guitar all work and no major dents and stuff? what is a good deal for this kind of guitar?
us strats in general don't lose much in price compared to the original price.

at any point in time that's going to be less than the current price for a new model, but that's about how it works out, unless you get into vintage territory where price just gets silly.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
That's a pretty good price for it. A USA Standard generally sells for $1000, used they're usually around $800ish. $600 is very fair. Case included? They come with cases new.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
It looks like the bridge is the newer 2-point trem (it's hard to tell in the fuzzy picture), I don't think that was available yet in 2000. And the bridge pickup definitely isn't stock, which isn't a bad thing.

Assuming it's a real Strat $600 is definitely a good price for one in good shape. Could you get a better picture of the body and the headstock if it's not a hassle?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
$600 is good. I saw one on NYC craiglist yesterday going for $525 and thought that would be a great deal.
Quote by Flux'D
It looks like the bridge is the newer 2-point trem (it's hard to tell in the fuzzy picture), I don't think that was available yet in 2000. And the bridge pickup definitely isn't stock, which isn't a bad thing.

Assuming it's a real Strat $600 is definitely a good price for one in good shape. Could you get a better picture of the body and the headstock if it's not a hassle?

i mean its all resized CL pics so not much i can do about that. The seller also said "Has seymour duncan humbucker pickup in the bridge position but also has the original pickup in addition". The original case does come with the guitar.

I want a "steal" because im in college and i'm poor lol. I want to pay as little as possible, hope u guys understand : p
Looks like somebody put a lace sensor in the bridge position. Not a bad switch at all for a Strat. Wish you had some higher res pics. Don't worry if it's got some road-wear on it, adds character

EDIT: Was replying when you posted the new pics. Def not a lace sensor. Muh bad.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I did a little research and 2000 was the year they swapped over to the 2-point trem, there were some made with the 6-point that year and some with 2-point. At first the serial missing from the front of the headstock alarmed me but it's normal, they stuck it on the back of the headstock on that year.

Definitely check it out, $600 is a good price and everything checks out from what I can tell.
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
I did a little research and 2000 was the year they swapped over to the 2-point trem, there were some made with the 6-point that year and some with 2-point. At first the serial missing from the front of the headstock alarmed me but it's normal, they stuck it on the back of the headstock on that year.

Definitely check it out, $600 is a good price and everything checks out from what I can tell.

You must be referring to the 2 point in respect to the USA Standard. The 2 point has been used on their upper models before that. I had a 93 Strat PLus (precursor to the Deluxe) and it had the two point. It's a superior brdige IMO,
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
You must be referring to the 2 point in respect to the USA Standard. The 2 point has been used on their upper models before that. I had a 93 Strat PLus (precursor to the Deluxe) and it had the two point. It's a superior brdige IMO,

the 2 point bridge is found on all (american) strats from 87 on unless it is a vintage reissue model. the only exceptions are the HWY1 models and the new lower end american strat.
Yeah I was talking about the American Standards, I dunno where I got the idea of them switching in 2000 haha. I keep trying to find whatever I read that said that and can't find it anywhere now.. Thanks for fixing my errors
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60