Hey guys,

I'm still relatively new to this genre so I'm don't know too many bands. My friends are right into screamo and I generally hate it - but in this song (not screamo, but has screaming) the singer uses this sort of screaming and yelled singing that I really like - and I'm wondering if you guys know of any other bands that use this sort of screaming technique. It's not that much in your face - its underneath the music as opposed to glaringly above it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSyEkrnsvH8

Thanks
1. Learn Screamo ≠ "music with screaming"
2. Learn Real (or not real Screamo, as your friends probably like) do not belong in this forum and belong in the Hardcore, Pop Punk/Emo or Modern Rock forums (depending on the band)
3. Check out Karnivool, A Perfect Circle, Deftones and other heavy rock bands for music that you would like (though discuss them in the Modern Rock forum).
I know that screamo does not equal music with screaming, I say that in my OP. I'm also not looking for screamo songs/bands here, but music with screaming (particularly, screaming like in Ticks and Leeches) which I'd assume could fit into Metal? But it could be Modern Rock (such an ambiguous term).
Last edited by userlastname at Oct 19, 2011,
Quote by userlastname
I'm also not looking for screamo songs/bands here, but music with screaming which I'd assume could fit into Metal? But it could be Modern Rock (such an ambiguous term).

3. Check out Karnivool, A Perfect Circle, Deftones and other heavy rock bands for music that you would like (though discuss them in the Modern Rock forum).