Page 1 of 3
For anyone actually interested in hearing what the rest will sound like Lou Reed & Metallica have released 30-second samples from each track on Lulu.

Time to find out if it's all going to be in the same pretentious vain as The View.

http://soundcloud.com/loureedmetallica/sets/lulu-30-second-samples?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Floureedmetallica%2Fsets%2Flulu-30-second-samples
Do we really need a thread for this? Most of the stuff is covered on the News Articles.

Even if we do, surely this belongs in Bands & Artists rather than the Pit?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
It would be a good twist if it turns out that Jame's wasn't actually the table.
Quote by metacarpi
Do we really need a thread for this? Most of the stuff is covered on the News Articles.

Good point. Didn't see the article on the frontpage.
The vocals still sound juxtaposed. Kind of like a mashup.
For the first ten seconds or so of the first track I was like 'wow, maybe metallica are actually pushing their boundaries with this..' Then it reverted to just what I expected.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by metacarpi

...why does it matter?
Quote by spitonastranger
...why does it matter?

Why does it need a thread?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Why does it need a thread?

It doesn't but that's not to say a person shouldn't be allowed to start one.

Seriously if a thread's not interesting or the topic's already been covered people wont post in it and it'll die. That's how forums work.
Quote by metacarpi

shut up,I have The Pit as my homepage so I get all my news from here,not the main page!
I actively despise this shit.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Listened to The View by Reed and Metallica and I can safely say that is the best thing Metallica has ever been a part of in my opinion.

Not that it was very good but it wasn't terrible as people have said. But I love Lou Reed.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Oct 19, 2011,
I liked every second of those samples.

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Basti95
it sounds like everybody was just drunk

This

Yeah, sounds awful.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Metallica = world faymus trolls

They went on a steady downhill slide for 15 odd years, then they released Death Magnetic. They're all like "yo, we can all still write this stuff, cool huh?"

Then they do this Loutallica shit just because they can. Kind of like how they sued Napster for copyright theft, and then stole the work of other artists and used it in their own music.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Jesus Christ, that's bad.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
All of these songs have great riffs, then Lou Reed comes along and fucks up everything. This isn´t blind hate, just listen to the preview of "Pumping Blood" and try to tell me I´m wrong.

"Brandenburg Gate" sounds really awesome, though.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
oh god why is this so awful

it's so bad
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
lol

jesus christ
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I AM THE TABLE

honestly that was the best 5 minutes of my life when I heard that song. I've never laughed so hard in my entire life.
I've always wondered how stupid Metallica fans are, then I found out the answer: excruciatingly.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I've always wondered how stupid Metallica fans are, then I found out the answer: excruciatingly.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by GuitarViking
All of these songs have great riffs, then Lou Reed comes along and fucks up everything. This isn´t blind hate, just listen to the preview of "Pumping Blood" and try to tell me I´m wrong.

"Brandenburg Gate" sounds really awesome, though.

Metallica have never had a great riff.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Metallica have never had a great riff.

Quote by ErikLensherr

I don't get what they're trying to do. The guitar riffs sound like they could be created by a 13 year old who just started playing guitar, and you could get better sounding vocals from some drunk homeless guy off the street. Honestly, I think getting even someone like Fred Durst to sing would end up in less of a train wreck.
Iced Honey sounds good, though.

EDIT: Little Dog too.

And I love how two of the previews are just noise.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Last edited by Momentosis at Oct 19, 2011,
I now actively despise this album, and tables.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
... I seem to be a minority, but I'm starting to like the sound. Meh.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Page 1 of 3