So yeah I've haven't been playing guitar as much as i should of over the last year and i feel even though i have been playing maybe twice a week i'm still at the same level of skill i was at the summer of '10.

So I need some exercises to increase my speed and synchronization between both my hands. I know there's a lot of threads like this "OMG How can i play Faster quickly, Dood" but i know it takes a long time to improve and im okay with that.
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
These threads come up too often, you really just have to think logically.

What is hard for you? Alternate picking? Swtiching strings while alternate picking? etc.
Then you practice that. Practice it at the highest tempo you can play it clean.

You don't need a specific exercise to do it, i actully prefer taking songs i like that involves what i need to work on and learn it. That way i get better both technique wise and in terms of what riffs/licks/theory i know.

But yeah, if you practice something at the fastest tempo you can play it clean and relaxed for some time it will get easier, then you can move up in tempo abit. Then you have to get used to that.
Learn how to use all kinds of picking techniques. Practice playing clean, and learn scales and how to use them, otherwise, you are just sounding like shit.
Speed comes by itself I think, as you play. But if you picking the guitar up only now and then and doesn't try to get really into getting better at it, you get stuck with frustration.
Quote by Thrash_Head1990
So yeah I've haven't been playing guitar as much as i should of over the last year and i feel even though i have been playing maybe twice a week i'm still at the same level of skill i was at the summer of '10.

So I need some exercises to increase my speed and synchronization between both my hands. I know there's a lot of threads like this "OMG How can i play Faster quickly, Dood" but i know it takes a long time to improve and im okay with that.

You are missing both dedication and technique. If you really want to improve then you should be practicing more than twice a week.

More importantly though you don't need exercises, you need to practice almost anything with good technique; if you're doing things right in the first place then everything else is easy.

Read the stickies and watch Freepower's videos.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Thrash_Head1990

Not surprising.

If you want to progress, you need much more dedication than twice a week.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You are missing both dedication and technique. If you really want to improve then you should be practicing more than twice a week.

More importantly though you don't need exercises, you need to practice almost anything with good technique; if you're doing things right in the first place then everything else is easy.

Read the stickies and watch Freepower's videos.

Pretty much this
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Speed isn't the goal; it's a byproduct of other things, specifically relaxation and economy of motion. In order to play fast, you need to be able to play accurately and economically. If you feel like you're hitting a wall in terms of speed, you aren't making optimally economical and relaxed motions. Go back to square one. Look at your picking technique. Could you make smaller motions? When do you feel like your motions become more tense rather than completely relaxed? Slow down and work on making your picking motions smaller and more relaxed. Practice slowly until those kinds of smaller, more economical motions become habit rather than conscious actions. Then begin speeding up.
Quote by Zeletros
Not surprising.

If you want to progress, you need much more dedication than twice a week.

yes i know recently I havent had that much dedication. What im saying is that i'm gonna start playing more, its been hard to find time for guitar between cross-country and high school.
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
Start with these http://www.guitarlearningtips.org/guitar-technique/guitar-finger-exercises/

Finger exercises are very good and usually the most neglected.

Playing exercises is like going to the gym.

You should also try the free ebook as it has some good insights in there to.

I would recommend you that you try to mix music theory, ear training and technique together so that you become a well grounded musician
Quote by Thrash_Head1990
yes i know recently I havent had that much dedication. What im saying is that i'm gonna start playing more, its been hard to find time for guitar between cross-country and high school.

Let me give you a tip. Playing every day even just for 20-30 minutes is going to be much more benefitial than playing for 6 hours twice a week.

So just find some time.