Any bad musical habits you guys have picked up, that for some reason you cant get rid of?

I rarely use hammer-ons. Even if it makes the song im playing 10x easier, i just dont do it.
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

I pick pretty hard. Or have been as of late. My playing is pretty sloppy too. But, what comes out the amp generally sounds ok so I don't give a rat's ass.
You don't use hammer ons when playing paranoid?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I keep putting the guitar head and neck up my arse
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
I keep putting the guitar head and neck up my arse

Yeah thats a bad habit man.

Quote by JAHellraiser
You don't use hammer ons when playing paranoid?

Never played it man.

Quote by The9
Never played it man.

And you call yourself a guitarist?

OT: lots, but i probably don't know what they are cos i'm self-taught
Sometimes when I'm supposed to play power chords I automatically make the whole barre shape. It sounds really weird most of the time.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
Sometimes when I'm supposed to play power chords I automatically make the whole barre shape. It sounds really weird most of the time.

Thank god I'm not the only one.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Smoking, Coke, Weed, E, Morphine, Perks, Oxies and acid.

EDIT: Lol, TL;DR. >.>

Nothing except bending too roughly.
I over do pinched harmonics.
they are so fun
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
playing without metronomes. Their so fricken annoying! Does anyone know of one on the internet that doesn't have that same frickin ticking noise?
I used to hold the pick in a weird way, but I killed that bad habit, and now I'm about 60% faster.
Quote by whywefight
playing without metronomes. Their so fricken annoying! Does anyone know of one on the internet that doesn't have that same frickin ticking noise?

There's one somewhere that sounds more like a closed hihat.

I'm a pretty sloppy picker, and a bit over aggressive. I down pick more than I should, and I tend to tense up on faster parts, I'm working really hard on not doing that though.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by whywefight

I use guitar pro, one bar of whatever drum sound I want and just put it on endless loop.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by whywefight

my digitech rp150 does has "drum tracks." it makes playing with a metronome more fun. I sugest trying it if you dont like 'em. if you can afford one that is, i dont think they're too much.
My sig? Nice.
At least I don't have the bad habbit of posting a general thread title that can offer a lot of discussion, and then narrow it down to music.
TS, I thought that using hammer-ons was actually being lazy. Well, I don't practice what would be good for my progress, but I just play what I feel like playing.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
I find it hard to use my pinky sometimes.
I pick too hard.
Even though i am not too bad now, i do find my thumb creeping over the side of the neck when it shouldn't.
When practicing sight reading, i regularly find myself switching my ear back on and trying to predict the next note, when really i should just follow what is on the sheet.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Guodlca
TS, I thought that using hammer-ons was actually being lazy. Well, I don't practice what would be good for my progress, but I just play what I feel like playing.

How can it be "being lazy"?
It's a technique that produces an effect that can0t really be achieved in other ways..

OT. I tend to hold my pick in a weird way, and sometimes my playing is a bit sloppy.
Also, for powerchords, I like doing the chord, and muting the other unused strings with the rest of my hand, giving my picking hand freedom of movement and rythm, instead of only hitting the three strings required, don't know if it counts as a bad habit though
And I'm terrible at using my pinky, really gotta start using that little fu[/]ck.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Last edited by Krieger91 at Oct 19, 2011,
Quote by donender

I pick too hard.
Even though i am not too bad now, i do find my thumb creeping over the side of the neck when it shouldn't.

These.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...