I am looking at buying one of these guitars as I am currently only borrowing a bass and would like one of my own. I know it is a little pricey for someone of my level but I figure this is an investment and would rather get the best I can afford rather than buying a £200 bass then upgrading a couple of years later and loosing most of that £200.

I played an L-2500 the other day and loved it, how it plays, sounds, and even looks. As you can guess I am pretty much sold on one of these but really wanted other opinions and more importantly to know if there is anything I should be aware of before buying.
Tribute L-2000's are great, the Tribute line as a whole is just really really good for an import series.

One thing to consider: I'm not sure how much they go for on your side of the pond, but keep an eye out for a used USA L-2000, sometimes you can find them for just a little more then it would cost for a brand new Tribute L-2000.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Thanks for that ended up getting a mint condition BB615 for around 1/3 of the price and there was no way I was going to refuse that.
I've owned the L2500 Tribute and went on to trade it in for the G&L L2500 which I prefere to my Stingray 5.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by Tsujido
Thanks for that ended up getting a mint condition BB615 for around 1/3 of the price and there was no way I was going to refuse that.

Great choice, those Yamahas are wonderful sounding!

Here is an example of their awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS0VUtxDO-k
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Absolutely bloody lovely
Current Gear: