Does anyone have experience with these? I can't find them anywhere. I thought the 15 watt tweaker was alright, but that it wasn't quite loud enough and it got too farty for my tastes. I know the 40 has more headroom, but does it get farty like the 15?
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
The 15 gets extremely loud with. 2*12 and does not fart out. I've played ~500-750 person auditorium without mic'ing it and was heard fine.

The 40 would be more versatile and have more headroom, but otherwise is the same. The 2nd channel is a clone of the first.
Hmmm, well I wasn't thoroughly impressed with it's 1x12 combo format and with the head and 1x12 cab format. I imagine a 2x12 format would sound better and less farty, but I don't feel like paying for a separate cab.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
It's the speaker getting farty, not the amp. Wouldn't you rather fix the problem with a cab for the 15 than spend the same amount on the 40?

The 40 watt combo is $800 retail, and might have the same problem due to the speaker (not sure, haven't played the 40 yet)

The 15 head is 400 retail, and you can definitely get a good 2x12 or 1x12 with a higher wattage speaker for that price.

Unless you want the features or headroom of the 40, the 15 and a cab is probably a better deal. Hell, the 40 head is 600, you could get another cab for 250 still be barely over retail on the 40 combo. "Paying for a separate cab" is only a problem if you're paying a whole lot more, which isn't the case here. You can get a great 2x12 for 250 used, and if you get the 40 watt head used or with the 15% off coupon GC is always sending me emails about, you're going to be better off than getting the combo.

To answer your question, yes, the 40 will fart out less at similar volumes, if for no other reason than that it's got a higher wattage speaker in it. I just think the head/cab setup is a better deal, and a better solution.
Quote by sg4ever
Does anyone have experience with these? I can't find them anywhere. I thought the 15 watt tweaker was alright, but that it wasn't quite loud enough and it got too farty for my tastes. I know the 40 has more headroom, but does it get farty like the 15?

Have you tried out a renagade??